Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
27 crawler(s) on-line.
 63 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

kolla,  danwood

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  56 secs ago
 danwood:  1 min ago
 DiscreetFX:  6 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  11 mins ago
 Matt3k:  25 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  29 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  31 mins ago
 Karlos:  33 mins ago
 VooDoo:  39 mins ago
 Kronos:  1 hr 21 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  OS4 now officially released?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
AmiGame 
Re: OS4 now officially released?
Posted on 25-May-2004 9:22:53
#101 ]
Elite Member

@realize

You talked about over 300 Pegs bought by Motorola... Where did you find this info (including number) ?
The only inof I find of thiskind so far::

a wholly owned subsidiary of Motorola Inc., placed its third and largest order for the Pegasos PowerPC product

This info is about a subsidiary of Motorola... Now has there is a Motorola PPC on the board, it could explain why Motorola would want to buy those board... I would think they also bought Amigas in the 80'...

For Genesi Lover, have a look There

Jerry

- A1XE-G4 up and runing with:
512MB Ram / 200GB and 80GB HardDisks on Sii0680.
AOS4 Final Update / AmiZilla 0.1 Alpha

Profile     Report this post  
falemagn 
Posted on 25-May-2004 9:51:31
#102 ]

Don't personally own a peg2, but...

@DrBombcrater
> The Peg2 suffers from poor Dimm compatibility,

First time I hear about this. I've, instead, heard more than once that the A1 has big problems with RAM, needing registered dimm's and so on.

> a kludgy AGP port,

A simple and plain 1x AGP port, which does its job better, as tests showed in the past, than the alleged 2x A1 port.

> distorted on-board sound and various other problems.

As far as I know, the on-board sound works very good for the majority of people, and for some others it pops once in a while, however I'd say this is far better than what you can get on the A1, where the on-board sound is not working at all, on some models, and for which there are no AOS4 drivers anyway.

~~ Henry Ford

Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2004 10:12:49
# ]

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:

Here are some more facts

1. IT IS AN ABSOLUTE LIE THAT MORPHOS IS "STOLEN CODE" THAT IS THE WORSE CASE OF FUD I'VE HEARD. The developers of Morphos worked for YEARS on that project. Of course, since they are and were some of the top people coding for the Amiga they could pull off the OS

Oppressors post about the buggy-emu-ip was a joke. The mere fact that needs explaining to you really says a lot.

Quote:

2. Uncharted - Thats just your problem. You are just some user. You have no data and no basis for your beliefs. I on the other hand have been a dealer for over 10 years and talk to Amiga dealers the world over.

What beliefs? What data? You're still making this up in your head. I've made no assertions as to the number of AmigaOnes/Pegasos/Cabbages/Kinky underwear sold, You've been doing that yourself. I still can't believe I'm bothering, perhaps I hold out some hope that this might actually be read. This try this again, I was pointing that your original assertions about the potential CSPPC market were flawed, and based on more belief than solid hard fact. Answer my original questions with hard evidence backing up your points and I'll accept your assertion.

Quote:

Uncharted - get a life and stop the fighting YOU brought this thread this way not me. AND i'm not trying to promote Pegasos/MOS on a PRO A1/OS4 site just correcting the false representations. You guys really should go on Facts and Reality and not on Politics and FUD. OH, and I'm obnoxious and rude because I ask questions and dont just yes everyone to death and so OH Great oh Wonderful?

This is yet another really proffessional comment. Hmmm "get a life"? That's not rude or obnoxious at all! You claim to be somehow above me and everyone else (including Hyperion it seems) because you are a dealer, yet your behaviour suggests otherwise. The only false representations I've seen so far are yours regarding your personal beleifs as fact. I'll repeat again (in bold again!)

I've not said anything about knowing the numbers sold, in fact I've said the direct opposite.

Instead of wibbling on about dealers, pegasos, trolls etc. do one of two simple things:-

a) Answer my original questions with proof backing up what you are saying

or

b) Admit that you do not know the answers to these questions, you do not know the exact potential market for CSPPC OS4 or how that compares with the AmigaOne OS4 market, and that it's not easy to judge such a market.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2004 10:15:49
# ]

@falemagn

You are comparing Peg2 to A1. DrBombcrater is not.

Report this post  
Mikey_C 
Posted on 25-May-2004 10:45:27
#105 ]
Elite Member

@Slick

Okay, this thread has (with all due repects to Christian Kemp) become pretty much a flame fest that can be found on ANN.

Amigaworld.net's member's constantly prefer civilized discussions without the flame fest coming from the Pegasos community. Yes, it is favouritism, but please bear in mind this is an AmigaOne/OS4 site. If you wish to have a flame fest on MOS Vs Amiga, take it elsewhere.

This topic is now locked!

Rogue 
Posted on 25-May-2004 10:45:59
#106 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@realize

Quote:
You know how many A1s were sold and that is no where near as many Cyberstorms out there.

Yes, I know how many A1s where sold. You probably don't, so it is hard for you to make a call.

However, I doubt that this many Cyberstorms are still actively being used. A lot of them are broken, or vanished into some obscure black hole. How many of them are still actively used is something I cannot say - neither can you. Your logic would indicate that there are millions of Amiga users out there, because there had been millions of Amigas sold at one point.

Like, 1990 or so.

Quote:
Anyway, what is the answer to the question of when the Cyberstorm version is to come out please?

When it's done. As always.

Varthall 
Posted on 25-May-2004 10:47:27
#107 ]

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:

3. The Pegasos does not have buggy on board sound. The on board sound is actually better than most PC motherboard onboard sound. Also, the AGP works great - yes its not true AGP but allows you to use AGP cards in a nice way. This had to be done this way due to the Marvell northbridge. HOwever, at least it can do proper AGP<>PCI bus transfers unlike the Articia S chip.

I know I'm being OT now but... where can I find more information about this AGP<>PCI issue on the AmigaOne? Also, AGP1x cards are not compatible with AGP2x ones (different voltages I've read), so does the Pegasos2, having an AGP1x, require an older 1x compatible video card?

Varthall

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle