Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
5 crawler(s) on-line.
 98 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 cip060:  11 mins ago
 sibbi:  20 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  37 mins ago
 blmara:  58 mins ago
 Karlos:  58 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 pavlor:  2 hrs 30 mins ago
 Seiya:  2 hrs 34 mins ago
 Maijestro:  2 hrs 34 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Itec steps forward in the Big Apple, part 2 DISMISSED
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
AmigaHeretic 
Re: Itec steps forward in the Big Apple, part 2
Posted on 24-Aug-2007 21:37:04
#81 ]

@Kronos

Quote:
What Kgrach is demanding is similar to passing on the losses only to peolple buying a Golf within the 1st year of production, a measurre that would have made the car to expensive for the market.

Well, but it's different if the company is SO small that they have to EITHER make the money on the boards right then and there or just die. They don't have "capitol" and time to "wait" it out on the next product line. It then makes it a pretty simple choice. Sure they died either way. At least they tried to do something unlike the rest that just bitch.

Profile     Report this post  
SimplePPC 
Posted on 25-Aug-2007 6:47:22
#82 ]

@Tigger

I will ask this again, did Terrasoft ever sell Teron Boards ? And not , were they going to ? If they never sold them its a bit easy to say they could have sold them 300 USD cheaper, but they never did.

Kronos 
Posted on 25-Aug-2007 9:04:24
#83 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

Actually for a small company it's even more important to introduce their products at a reasonable price, cos if they don't do they are surely gonna go down.

Insanity 
Posted on 25-Aug-2007 9:43:12
#84 ]

There's a lot of talk about the eyetech A1, but isn't the original definition of amigaone the escena a1200 addon? (isn't that what the contract states?)

Last edited by Insanity on 25-Aug-2007 at 09:44 AM.

If you are going to quote me, do so fully or not at all.
/Ins

Tigger 
Posted on 25-Aug-2007 19:03:41
#85 ]
Elite Member

@SimplePPC

Quote:

SimplePPC wrote:
@Tigger

I will ask this again, did Terrasoft ever sell Teron Boards ? And not , were they going to ? If they never sold them its a bit easy to say they could have sold them 300 USD cheaper, but they never did.

As I posted before (and as you already know), Terrasoft took orders and signed contracts to sell the boards at $312 less then Eyetech, however when the second set of boards showed up with the same deficiencies as the first group, they withdrew them from sale and sold other products to there customers, which is what a reputable company does when a product supplied to them doesnt meet minimum quality standards.
-Tig

SimplePPC 
Posted on 25-Aug-2007 19:19:42
#86 ]

@Tigger

I didnt see any post before, so i didnt know, perhaps i overlooked it, i asume you have papers to prove your statement ? Also as Terrasoft would get batches that were built AFTER eyetech sold already a couple of hundred its possible that the manufacturing price went down. Also it would be silly of Terrasoft to first take orders and the realise the product they planned to sell has flaws. Didnt they check beforehand ?

All in all it looks to me like you have a grudge against some companies and people even..

Didnt you at one point saw you saw or met the Friedens in the USA btw ?

Tigger 
Posted on 26-Aug-2007 15:33:43
#87 ]
Elite Member

@SimplePPC

Quote:

SimplePPC wrote:
@Tigger

Also as Terrasoft would get batches that were built AFTER eyetech sold already a couple of hundred its possible that the manufacturing price went down. Also it would be silly of Terrasoft to first take orders and the realise the product they planned to sell has flaws. Didnt they check beforehand ?

First of all Terrasoft showed the board first, at linuxworld (or some show like that), I had 2 of them (and eventually got a third) even before that, Alan was basically the last kid to play with the boards and the MAI chip and the only one to not understand the implications of the broken MAI part. As for didnt Terrasoft check, the real question is why didnt Alan check, he had over 1/2 a million a year worth of engineers telling him they were broken and he went ahead and bought them and then bought more and more and more. Terrasoft's initial boards were broken, MAI said they were going to fix them, when the second set came in broken just as bad, they abandoned them, and got there money back. Its fairly similar to what happened with the Pegasus, they shipped "fixed' parts for the Pegasos which didnt help much if at all.

Quote:

Didnt you at one point saw you saw or met the Friedens in the USA btw ?

At Gateway 2000 show, Hyperion showed up and showed the 3rd fastest port of what I believe was Doom (I dont play games very much and FPG not at all) at the show. Who from Hyperion was there I honestly have no idea, I was running my booth, trying to negotiate a $200 price cut for the Amiga development systems from my employer and keeping the gentleman who was now known as the "Sheeplord" from being killed in St Louis by my fellow developers. Were the Friedens actually at the show? Have no idea, I hung out with Kermit, the Huntsville Mafia, the guys from Newtek, and Holger at the bar that night which is when Lee, I and someone else that spoke German (probably Holgar, though maybe someone else) came up with the comments I repeated on the other thread previously which I wont go into today because it upsets some people.
-Tig

Tigger 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 18:05:27
#88 ]
Elite Member

@SimplePPC

Quote:

SimplePPC wrote:
@Tigger

All in all it looks to me like you have a grudge against some companies and people even..

Could you tell us why after your long, long time away from this site you have returned just to talk on this thread, and dont you think your posting here is a violation of the TOS or have you not read those recently my friend?
-Tig

Pyramider 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 18:43:08
#89 ]

@Tigger

I really couldn't care less where he has been all the time since his last visit.

If you think there's a violation, report it or don't bother.

Maybe if i look close enough I think I perhaps may have seen a violation in your post as well.

I agree that it can look to him like you have a grudge against some companies an people even!

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 18:56:15
#90 ]
Team Member

@Tigger

Quote:

Tigger wrote:
@SimplePPC

Quote:

SimplePPC wrote:
@Tigger

Could you tell us why after your long, long time away from this site you have returned just to talk on this thread, and dont you think your posting here is a violation of the TOS or have you not read those recently my friend?
-Tig

Which "us" are you refering to? Whats the significance of you questioning how this person has spent time here posting-wise since 2003?

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 18:58:54
#91 ]
Team Member

@Tigger

Quote:
Alan was basically the last kid to play with the boards

Was Alan under 18 at the time or is this just a pot shot at him?

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Aug-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Aug-2007 at 07:00 PM.

Amiga 1200

Seer 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 19:19:05
#92 ]
Team Member

@fairlanefastback

Which "us" are you refering to? Whats the significance of you questioning how this person has spent time here posting-wise since 2003?

The same significance of him questioning Tigger who has explained al this over and over again ? His "grudge" is against both A inc and Hyperion.

Was Alan under 18 at the time or is this just a pot shot at him?

I call that a "figure of speech". No harm done. (As it would also imply that the first to play with the boards are kids as well if we would make it an offence remark...)

Next thing we go back to the "what have you done for the Amiga" kind of postings again.

Last edited by Seer on 27-Aug-2007 at 07:22 PM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 19:41:29
#93 ]
Team Member

@Seer

Quote:
The same significance of him questioning Tigger who has explained al this over and over again ? His "grudge" is against both A inc and Hyperion.

SimplePPC appears to have said he may have missed some posts and at such a small post count in over 4 years that seems possible if we were to give him the same benefit of the doubt as you give Tigger. And I'd think they'd deserve that equally.

For all I know Tigger knows this person otherwise. lol

Quote:
I call that a "figure of speech". No harm done. (As it would also imply that the first to play with the boards are kids as well if we would make it an offence remark...)

The technical way something is crafted in speech or writing does not always match the intent of what one is trying to convey. Its simply a question Seer.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Aug-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Aug-2007 at 07:44 PM.

Amiga 1200

Zardoz 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 19:54:11
#94 ]
Team Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
The technical way something is crafted in speech or writing does not always match the intent of what one is trying to convey. Its simply a question Seer.

Er, I got exactly what he meant the first time I read it and I'm not even a native speaker of the language.

Seer 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 19:58:35
#95 ]
Team Member

@fairlanefastback

SimplePPC appears to have said he may have missed some posts and at such a small post count in over 4 years that seems possible if we were to give him the same benefit of the doubt as you give Tigger.

IMHO, Tigger simply asks him to tell all of us something. Nothing wrong with that is there ? Or is it that only Tigger needs to explain his postings but nobody else can be asked to do the same ?

Or is it only because the "us" part ? It's not like Tigger used "us" in a way to have SimplePPC to "shut up" or something ? (Like some do when MorphOS is mentioned and "red camper" decides to post "to leave us alone and go post on morphos.net.." SimplePPC post is just as bad as some of Tiggers post are in your opinion. Neither post tho are worth to be looked into for a possible tos violation.

Indeed he could. Why not let SimplePPC answer Tigger then if you/we don't know ? Or just aks Tigger if he knows SimplePPC.

An unneeded question IMHO. Next we'll al be expaining every sentence or word just because it can technically mean 2 or more things..

It makes it seem you pick on Tigger just because it's him. Not to mention it's off topic (as far as the thread can still be said to be on topic).

number6 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 20:06:18
#96 ]
Elite Member

@Seer

Quote:

Quote:
Indeed he could. Why not let SimplePPC answer Tigger then if you/we don't know ? Or just aks Tigger if he knows SimplePPC.

*cough*

I believe you covered that in one of your other statements.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 20:11:00
#97 ]
Team Member

@Seer

Quote:

It makes it seem you pick on Tigger just because it's him. Not to mention it's off topic (as far as the thread can still be said to be on topic).

I've asked a few times what the status of the NY State case is (if anyone knows, as I have not been able to find any info). The thread has been allowed to proceed anyway with this other stuff, Eyetech vs. Terrasoft, Tigger's formulations on profits for either firm, and those questioning how he got to those figures (admittedly me included as it seemed sanctioned), Tigger not liking the latest questions from Simple PPC and then questioning his posting motivations. I think my questions on Tigger's responses are about as on-topic as the rest of whats been allowed to proceed it, but my apologies if you feel its not. And in the spirit of such an apology since this is your board to moderate I'll withdraw my questions.

As for picking on Tigger I felt we had a productive conversation earlier in this thread with how he got to his numbers and I believe I thanked him for his time in doing so, for whatever thats worth. I certainly do not feel as if I "pick" on him. Tigger has a authoritative style on things he says (IMHO) often, which is going to lead to people questioning him, a list of people certainly longer than just my name.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Aug-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Aug-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Aug-2007 at 08:12 PM.

Amiga 1200

Seer 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 20:28:02
#98 ]
Team Member

@fairlanefastback

I think my questions on Tigger's responses are about as on-topic as the rest of whats been allowed to proceed it, but my apologies if you feel its not.

No needed as it was not that what I meant. It was just to point out that the thread is offtopic allready but still relevant.

As for picking on Tigger I felt we had a productive conversation earlier in this thread with how he got to his numbers and I believe I thanked him for his time in doing so, for whatever thats worth. I certainly do not feel as if I "pick" on him. Tigger has a authoritative style on things he says (IMHO) often, which is going to lead to people questioning him, a list of people certainly longer than just my name.

Granted, as such SimplePPC could have used the search function tho before asking. I just found it weird to go back to the "explain yourself" stuff after you 2 had a rather nice (or productive as you say) conversation.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 27-Aug-2007 20:32:58
#99 ]
Team Member

@Seer

Quote:

I just found it weird to go back to the "explain yourself" stuff after you 2 had a rather nice (or productive as you say) conversation.

Point taken. :)

Quote:
Granted, as such SimplePPC could have used the search function tho before asking.

Personally I have found that lacking at times (the search function), especially given how long some of these threads can be. But thats a whole other story.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Aug-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Amiga 1200

number6 
Posted on 6-Aug-2008 0:17:32
#100 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
So did a NY state case actually start or is it sitting in limbo at the moment?

iirc, from part 1 of this looooong thread, Tigger mentioned that the N.Y. case was ahead of Washington in the order to be addressed.

Your most recent thread T. Frieden, H. Frieden & A. Vallinotto v. Amiga Inc. & Hyperion VOF
got me thinking about this other somewhat currently ignored case.

What strikes me is what is said in Filing #115

Itec has planned to participate based on Eyetech being given the opportunity to attend.

Would they do this if the New York case was still pending?

Excuse me if this is an ignorant question. I'm not a lawyer, thankfully...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle