Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 143 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  5 mins ago
 MickJT:  14 mins ago
 kiFla:  30 mins ago
 matthey:  30 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  48 mins ago
 Matt3k:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 Torque:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 Seiya:  2 hrs 55 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
Frags 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 26-Aug-2012 21:20:22
#861 ]
Cult Member

@SpaceDruid

I assume the humans in this thread are perperpetuating it purely for entertainment rather than in the hope of changing anyone`s views with reason. That`s fine though I guess, I just wish I didn`t have to taste a mouthful of bile every time I log in these days :o)

- insert profound text here -

Profile     Report this post  
SpaceDruid 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 26-Aug-2012 21:27:55
#862 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@Frags

I said a couple of posts ago, it's like passing a car accident. You try your best to respect the privacy of the person who may be trapped inside as the firemen go about their business, but you can't help stealing a glance.

And bile is somewhat tempered by the suspicion that we are not actually talking to a person, but some kind of AI that is being developed. The nonsensical answers it comes out with can't possibly be coming from an actual brain of a person.

Edit: I could stand the missing "s" in "comes" no longer.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 26-Aug-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Google Translate

Frags 
Posted on 26-Aug-2012 21:44:29
#863 ]
Cult Member

@SpaceDruid

lol :o)

- insert profound text here -

BrianK 
Posted on 26-Aug-2012 21:52:06
#864 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone here fail a Turing Test. Though because Turing was gay that test's invalid anyway.

Franko 
Posted on 26-Aug-2012 22:32:52
#865 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:

But they all must be "New Atheists" as well, so you should probably just do what you do and ignore them.

I've been wondering...

What happened to the "Old/ Traditional Atheists" ???

Have they been converted, rounded up or just all disappeared in one of those "Rapture" thingies I think there called (which must've came as a bit of a surprise to them)...

Rose 
Posted on 26-Aug-2012 23:40:36
#866 ]
Cult Member

@Franko

Quote:

Franko wrote:
@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:

But they all must be "New Atheists" as well, so you should probably just do what you do and ignore them.

I've been wondering...

What happened to the "Old/ Traditional Atheists" ???

Nothing, just fancy term that BigotD heard from pastor/sermon/podcast.

Quote:
Have they been converted, rounded up or just all disappeared in one of those "Rapture" thingies I think there called (which must've came as a bit of a surprise to them)...

It's been quite hot here so maybe we are in heck with Phil the Prince of insufficient light!

AndyC 
Posted on 26-Aug-2012 23:51:04
#867 ]

@AW/ Thread...

Now, I've been a member of AW for many, many years. Since before it became a forum site, when it was just a small number of UK based enthusiasts.

I've not been a prolific poster, preferring to stay out of the AOS, MOS, AROS, Hyperion, H&P, AInc debates over the intervening years, and just looking for that sliver of hope that the Amiga scene will pick up.

In the last year or so, there have been some promising signs, but I'm still waiting. In the meantime I've got myself another Amiga to play about with (after, rather foolishly, selling my top spec system a couple of years ago).

So, for no reason other than good common decency, I couldn't help but get involved in this thread. As a result, my post count has started climbing rapidly.

But I realised that all of these posts were just wishy-washy, pseudo intellectual ways of saying the same thing that, let's face it, needs saying.

So, at the risk of contravening standards that I usually have no problem adhering to, and at the risk of incurring sanctions by the good people that run AW, I would like to say the following.

BigD has demonstrated, routinely, throughout this thread, that he is a complete and utter fuckwit. A prick of the highest order, whose posts have offended, belittled and defamed a section of society that, whilst probably under-represented within the community, likely exists in some shape or form, and deserves our protection.

BigD's posts are bordering on hate speech in my opinion, and whilst I respect the moderators on this forum for giving him free reign to spout this complete and utter bullshit (and understand that this rant might put me in their bad books) I do feel that he has gone too far in his fantastical nonsense.

I am not looking to limit his free speech, rather I am opting to use mine to call him out for the vile, boorish, odious little shit that he clearly is.

I despair that people like this exist within a technology forum - the very concept being completely contradictory as far as I'm concerned.

I'll try to remove myself from this thread now (understanding that I might not have a choice) but I hope that the moderators understand my frustration at this disgusting human being.

To everyone else, thanks for contributing the debate and maintaining our faith in the human race. I know there are far more of you than there are of him, which makes me sleep much better at night.

Peace.

AndyC

BigD 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 0:13:30
#868 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
rights to paedophiles being given if we open the floodgates, the creation myth, why all science is wrong,

Sad you feel the need to slot in falsehoods in the middle of your post in amongst saner statements in order to pass them off as fact. You are as conniving as Richard Dawkins ever was.

I never said rights would be given to paedophiles but instead believed that marriages would be further redefined to include polygamous marriages once marriage culture is weakened.

Creation is not a myth but a fairly obvious state of affairs considering the natural world we're surrounded by.

I never claimed that all science was wrong and am interested in science myself with a degree in science subject. I unlike you see the limitations of non-observable science and science that does not rely on the scientific method i.e. evolution, assumptions made on the age of the Earth and also the big bang theory.

Stop lying and interspersing your creepy lies with half truths to get your way and attempt to slander me! This that the best you can do to formulate a defense of your own flawed position on Redefining Marriage?

You dishonour the memory of your hero Neil Armstrong by playing fast and loose with scientific theories and using deceitful underhand tactics to try and undermine your opponents. Shame on you. I suppose it's all in a days work for someone attempting to further the cause for the destruction of marriage in the UK?

Last edited by BigD on 27-Aug-2012 at 12:16 AM.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 0:14:31
#869 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@AndyC

Quote:

So, for no reason other than good common decency, I couldn't help but get involved in this thread. As a result, my post count has started climbing rapidly.

Well it says you are a "Regular Member" under your picture now, so at least his mad rantings haven't affected your bowel movements, so that's one good thing, aye?

Google Translate

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 0:22:21
#870 ]

@BigD

OK, if you have a degree in Geology as you claim, answer these 3 simple questions. I'm not asking you to believe them as they clearly rule out the creation myth, but you must know them for you to have passed an exam.

1 What is the eventual fate of Greece?

2 Why was the Tibetan plateau regarded as a paradox?

3 Why does Peru resemble Scotland?

(I know you can look up the answers on Google, but you claim to be a Christian so I'll hold you accountable to your God and ask that you swear on his name that you didn't use google when you answer).

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 27-Aug-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Google Translate

BigD 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 0:24:50
#871 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
Well it says you are a "Regular Member" under your picture now, so at least his mad rantings haven't affected your bowel movements, so that's one good thing, aye?

I'll draw your attention yet again to this extract as you don't seem to see how closely you resemble one of Richard Dawkin's personal henchman right now

Quote from Graham Veale, Head of Religious Education at the City of Armagh High School;

Quote:
Quote: Judeo-Christian belief has withstood critique for three millenia; today anyone who defends that tradition's understanding of marriage is simply dismissed as ignorant and hateful... New Atheism sells the feeling of intellectual superiority. Instead of writing penetrating criticisms of Christianity, they prefer what eminent philosopher Alvin Plantinga calls 'ignorant screeds'. In this spirit Richard Dawkins suggested that his fellow New Atheists should 'go beyond humorous ridicule, sharpen our barbs to a point where they really hurt... I think we should abandon the irremediably religious precisely because that is what they are - irremediable. I am more interested in the fence-sitters who haven't really considered the question very long or very carefully. And I think that they are likely to be swayed by a display of naked contempt. Nobody likes to be laughed at. Nobody wants to be the butt of contempt'. This epitomises a fundamentalist attitude. There is no attempt to engage with serious critiques of atheism. Dawkins simply assumes that unbelief is infinitely superior to Christian superstition, and demands that his audience not only share his blind faith, but also revel in it. This should lead us to ask how a prominent academic can make a public virtue out of his own invincible ignorance.

Do you see that section;

"anyone who defends that tradition's understanding of marriage is simply dismissed as ignorant and hateful.."

That's what your doing. You are failing to engage on any "serious critiques of atheism". You simply "assume(s) that unbelief is infinitely superior to Christian superstition", and you are also one who "demands that his audience not only share his blind faith, but also revel in it."

Talk about being closed minded, fundamentalist and unscientific! Start engaging constructively with the subject of this thread or say goodnight!

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 0:31:23
#872 ]

@BigD

Wait, why are you going off-line? These are very simple questions that need no long winded answers.

Edit: I'll wait then. I'm sure you aren't using Google. Your God will know.

Edit2: While I'm waiting, just want to point out that I'm not thinking I'm superior to you because you are a Christian, there are Christian posters in this thread that aren't agreeing with you. I'm saying I'm (As well as everyone else in this thread) superior to you because you are an idiot. Actually, that's a joke. I don't consider myself to be superior to anyone. It's you with the God complex.

" I unlike you see the limitations of non-observable science and science that does not rely on the scientific method i.e. evolution,"

Wait wut? Evolutionary theory relies utterly on the scientific method. That's why it's a theory and not a myth. We've already explained several times what a theory is, I see no sense in repeating the explanation since you haven't understood it any of the other times.

"You are as conniving as Richard Dawkins ever was."

Do you see conspiracies everywhere? You do know we have a name for that. Paranoia.

You've got the gays secretly plotting to destroy the world in their restless pursuit to destroy society, you've got the right wing government secretly involved in a left wing plot to overthrow society, or was it a right wing plot to install fascisms? But where does the gay liberals fit in to this? Being liberal, wouldn't they be opposed to the Torys? I can't remember what you were suggesting. No wait, that was the SNP. Then you've got a plot by Christians to overthrow Christianity? Wait, I can't remember your beef with the Christians here, was it they weren't devout enough? Yeah, that was it wasn't it? I'm loosing track of things, where does Richard Dawkin's personal henchman fit in to this? Do they have costumes? And which group do the New Atheists belong to? Are they gay liberals, or are they the fascists? I can't keep up.

Edit3: And I'll correct you again. " Judeo-Christian belief has withstood critique for three millenia" is a lie. It hasn't withstood critique for any millenia, the difference today is people who criticise are not murdered by the church for heresy. And wait a second, didn't Chritians have lots of wars with each other because none of them could agree which version was correct? I recall there were two Popes roaming around Europe at the same time, so we aren't even talking about Catholic/Protestant...

Edit4: Wow! Reading through this thread again to try to unravel all these conspiracies, I missed out so many other subjects brought up. Franko did a quick round up way back in post #190 "Gays, Christians, Nazis, Bigots, Hypocrites, Jews, Fascists, Klu Klux Klan, Homophobes, Witch Doctors, Religion, Atheists, Civil Servants, Gods, Marriage Councillors, Midwives" I'm sure Waldo must be in there somewhere as well. Not all were brought up by Billsey, er, I mean BigotD, but it sure went in a lot of directions quickly.

Edit5: Tell you what guys and gals, don't try to read through this whole thread in one sitting. It starts off reasonable enough. The initial arguments, though misguided are presented in a mild manor, then as they are all dissembled one by one, the accusations of "gay agendas" start. Then paedophiles are brought it as well as incest. By normal thread standards, the NAZI's are brought in quite early I thought. I think they could have been left out for a bit longer so that the incestual and beasteal marriages could have been played out longer. Then the accusations of people not being proper Christians kicks in as he realises his critics aren't all atheists (presumably "old atheists"), then he runs out of new things to say and just starts repeating stuff till he finds a new webpage and then focuses on that for a bit. Then it's back to the petition. Then it just goes round and round and round and round right up to the bit where he finds "New Atheists" which gives him a new source of energy which leads up to about now.

So you are right BigD, I did slot in falsehoods. I gave the impression you weren't as bad as you actually are.

I don't know why you haven't answered my 3 questions. You were online long enough after you posted to both read and reply. Because I'm a nice person, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as assume that you were online, but reading another thread and that when you posted your last post, you didn't check the thread after you hit send.

The questions will be waiting for you when you return. You've claimed several times over all the years I've known you that you have a degree in geology. If you are not able to answer these questions I've posted, then it proves you lack the basic information to even qualify to sit the course, so it will spell out very plainly for all to see that you have told a fib.

That's a sin you know. You'll be in some trouble with the fellow upstairs.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 27-Aug-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 27-Aug-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 27-Aug-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 27-Aug-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 27-Aug-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 27-Aug-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 27-Aug-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 27-Aug-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 27-Aug-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Google Translate

Nimrod 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 14:32:03
#873 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Sad you feel the need to slot in falsehoods in the middle of your post in amongst saner statements in order to pass them off as fact
It is somehow ironic yet insulting that you should make a comment like this, considering that you are very much the pot making accusations against the kettle.
You claim to have had a scientific education but the evidence of your own posts clearly refutes this claim. You quite clearly have absolutely no understanding of the scientific principle and when somebody who does, uses it to prove you wrong you resort to childish name calling and ad hominem attacks.The only relief is that you no longer have the authority to show your deitys "love" by burning us at the stake, which is how the Judaeo-Christian tradition had customarily defended itself from critique.

Quote:
Creation is not a myth but a fairly obvious state of affairs considering the natural world we're surrounded by
You claim to have a degree in geology, and then you post this. The creation myth cites the Earth as 6000 years old. The entire existence of geology as a science came about in the attempt to find out just how ridiculously erroneous that figure is. If the creation story is not a myth then as Carl Sagan asks "Where did Cains wife come from? Feel free to add this to the ever lengthening list of questions that you have ignored because you have no answer to them.

Quote:
I never claimed that all science was wrong and am interested in science myself with a degree in science subject.
Which University? I always wanted an Earth Sciences degree and I would like to go to the one you went to. I should be able to walk away with a Doctorate in about five minutes from whichever college granted you a degree. Or does B.Sc stand for Bronze Swimming certificate

Quote:
science that does not rely on the scientific method i.e. evolution, assumptions made on the age of the Earth and also the big bang theory.
You clearly have no understanding of mathematics Out of curiosity, do you have to remove your shoes and socks to count to twenty, and undo a zipper to reach twenty one?

Quote:
Stop lying and interspersing your creepy lies with half truths to get your way and attempt to slander me!
The only one who has consistently lied on this thread is yourself. You persistently link to sites and cite individuals who are proven to be wrong, and then re-link later despite it having been pointed out that the information is clearly false. You also had the effrontery to post this:-
"we have a history of tolerance, social care, providing education for the masses and protecting freedoms for all."
After I had posted a brief summary of historical facts about the record of christian "tolerance care and education"
So stop lying and answer some of the questions. You can start by explaining how giving another couple a piece of paper saying that they are married will taint my own marriage. Especially when you got given a piece of paper saying you were a geologist, and I didn't suddenly become as thick as two short planks.

Franko 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 16:41:51
#874 ]
Elite Member

As sung to the tune "Song of the South"...

Zippity Doo Dah, Zippety Day

You'd better watch out if you happen to be gay...

There's a nutter called BidD and he's coming your way...

With a bible in one hand and a load of bullshit to say...

BigD is on his soap box...

BigD is ranting away...

It doesn't matter anyhow...

Cos he's got F' all to say

Zippity Doo Dah, Zippety day

Please , please BigD please, please go away...

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 17:06:21
#875 ]

@BigD

Quote:

You dishonour the memory of your hero Neil Armstrong by...

I know sections of the church operate by trying to guilt trip it's subjects into obedience, but really? You thought that would work in an open forum? Really? I mean, really?

Anyway, since there have been a few posts since I posted them, I'll repeat the 3 very simple (for a degree carrying geologist) questions for when you come back online. You can ignore all the other things I posted if you like, or reply to them once you've answered the following.

If everyone would be so kind as to not ask him any more questions till he's got these ones out of the way, that would be helpful. Since he's repeatably gone on about faith and belief, it would be nice of him to demonstrate that he himself is a man to be trusted. After all, if he was lying about his degree, then how could we trust anything he has to say about faith?

No pressure BigD. In your own time.

Google Translate

Franko 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 17:44:36
#876 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

While your awaiting Twisty to google the answers, I'll have a stab at them ( I ain't no geologist but I do got rocks in me head)...

Quote:

It'll dry out and go all hard and flakey just like the grease in me old chip pan... erm... wrong greece... oh well... skip that one...

Quote:

Now if I recall correctly that was a Tom Baker episode, think it was the one where Davros attempted to get out of his half Dalek bottom part and swap it for K9's body and it didn't quite work and caused some sort of time shift or sumthink...

Quote:

Easy one that...

Cos Peru is now full of descendants of drunken Scotsmen who got lost after the 1978 World Cup in Argentina...

Most Peruvians now look like this...

Think me Dad's still wondering about there somewhere...

A1200 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 18:34:06
#877 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

A learnered friend from the past had been looking at your bigotted half witted idiotic rantings and I agree with his observation, that applies to you. For sure and I quote:

The reason these evangelicals don't want to admit that homosexuality might not be a choice whilst skin colour is definitely not a choice is because it would question the whole doctrine that homosexuality is a sin. If "God" made people homosexual, it would cause them severe theological difficulties.

Its alright, apparently, to discriminate against people who have sinned out of choice, but not those who have sinned because of God.

Which is weird, because apparently we are all steeped in original sin, for which Jesus forgave us and washed it away, begging the question as to how effective Jesus really was if he achieved f**k all by his death and deification.

Rose 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 21:12:25
#878 ]
Cult Member

Another true christian.

BrianK 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 21:23:01
#879 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Please remember insulting people, not cool. Attack the ideas. They have no feelings and deserve a beating!

BillE 
Posted on 27-Aug-2012 22:29:45
#880 ]

It all makes perfect sense now, BigD is obviously right.

NOT.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle