Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 83 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  34 mins ago
 roar:  35 mins ago
 billt:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 Matt3k:  2 hrs 39 mins ago
 ktadd:  2 hrs 56 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 13 mins ago
 RobertB:  3 hrs 38 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 55 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  5 hrs 34 mins ago
 michalsc:  7 hrs 2 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  Poor Amiga
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
amigakit 
Re: Poor Amigakit, poor ME
Posted on 8-Apr-2013 21:43:33
#21 ]
Amiga Kit

@Rob

He has given no indication to our Technician on the communications received so far, so this thread is the first indication of his discontent. We are available during normal working hours over the telephone to answer queries and of course we responded to every correspondance that he has sent us through the Support Ticket system in a timely manner.

Profile     Report this post  
ddni 
Posted on 8-Apr-2013 22:29:38
#22 ]
Cult Member

@amigakit

+1 for the support ticket system, I have always received a swift response, typically within the hour.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 9-Apr-2013 2:49:38
#23 ]
Elite Member

@All,

Finally! it turns out my A1200's motherboard is fine, as are the drives. The only things damaged were the PSU and the IDE controller.

I can't tell if the PPC is damaged until I put it back, so I've decided to buy an ACA accelerator as a backup. Either the board Amigakit have been checking my A1200 with...
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=1125

OR the "bigger brother," IF it actually arrives on 12th April, we all know what Amiga deadlines are like...
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=1113

As for Amigakit, yes, I've been conversing with them through their support ticket, and yes, I'm happy with their service except the delays!

However, the reasons for the delays have been explained, so I accepted them. Now the situation is almost resolved, it doesn't matter. I just wanted to explain things here with other Amigans as well as Amigakit, who don't come here often! Sorry if I've hurt anyone's feelings!

Sex doesn't prove to me that sex doesn't suck.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 9-Apr-2013 2:56:05
#24 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

ddni wrote:
@RoqueFort

Avoid Analogic! There have been too many cases of people not getting their stuff back.
IIRC they haven't done any Amiga stuff for years either. (apart from selling CD32 Floppy drives on ebay).

The last time I saw Analogic was in Amiga Format adverts! Even then, they had a service "Trade in your Amiga for a PC" where they were buying Amigas from people who had given up!

So, I assumed by now they'd either gone under, or were just PC, along with other new technology like iPads. So yes, don't think they'd be much good!

Rudei 
Posted on 9-Apr-2013 3:02:09
#25 ]
Elite Member

@RoqueFort

Changing the thread title would be good.

Rude!

RoqueFort 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 0:09:07
#26 ]
Elite Member

@Rudei

Quote:

Rudei wrote:
@RoqueFort

Changing the thread title would be good.

Rude!

Have changed it to something more... generic.

Well, there had to be one more complication. Timing differences mean that if my A1200 mobo is fixed to work with ACA timing, it may mess up how the mobo works with my PPC... if the PPC isn't damaged.

So, do I assume the PPC is OK, or do I get the mobo fixed for an ACA which isn't as good as a PPC?

BigD 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 0:21:43
#27 ]
Elite Member

@RoqueFort

It depends how badly you need the PPC functionality. I'd take the risk and pray that it works with your PPC board.

utri007 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 6:13:48
#28 ]

@RoqueFort

I'm 99% sure that timing fixes doesn't harm your PPC. They help with every 68k accelerator Blizzard/Apollo

tlosm 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 6:28:16
#29 ]
Elite Member

@RoqueFort

There are couple of people in te world Who can fix Your ppc.
Stachu from poland
And
linears from italy

Linears fix MY cyberstorm ppc 604 150... This board stop working from 1998/1999
And stachu upgrade it with a 060 66mhz and 604e 366.. Now i have a super Amiga 4000ppc

Now linears fix 3 more cyberstormppc today he Will come to test it to my Home

Together are the ppc Amiga tecnichan guru

About amigakit I buy from they 2x256 mb of zoram becouse I have to show my Amiga to an Italian showroom of retrocomputing they send to me the ram thru FedEx without an extra payment ...

This is aaa service

About fixing the 1200 mobo here In Italy we have mr casonato from logica snc this was an ex commodore repairing center. he is the man who made the dialoga you can find the rom of this thing in Amiga forever ... Him still fixing the boards during his free time.

MacBook Pro Retina I7 2.3ghz;
#nomorea-eoninmyhome

RoqueFort 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 7:45:24
#30 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@RoqueFort

It depends how badly you need the PPC functionality. I'd take the risk and pray that it works with your PPC board.

Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever used the PPC function, maybe I don't deserve it since they're so sought-after!

I needed it for the on-board '040, as while my old A1200 had an '060 Blizzard, my animations such as Black Magic Castle seemed to run just as, or almost as fast on the '040.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 7:56:43
#31 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

utri007 wrote:
@RoqueFort

I'm 99% sure that timing fixes doesn't harm your PPC. They help with every 68k accelerator Blizzard/Apollo

Well in that case, I'd have thought Amigakit had already carried out the timing fixes when they were re-building my Amiga for me, with components of my old A1200 which was all but destroyed.

I don't know if my PPC is damaged by the PSU short in my current A1200, but if it is, I don't want my A1200 sent back without an accelerator, as I may find the PPC doesn't work, so I'd have to send it all back AGAIN for Amigakit to do the timing fixes and add the ACA board!

Yo 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 8:20:16
#32 ]
Team Member

@RoqueFort

Quote:
I don't know if my PPC is damaged by the PSU short in my current A1200, but if it is, I don't want my A1200 sent back without an accelerator, as I may find the PPC doesn't work, so I'd have to send it all back AGAIN for Amigakit to do the timing fixes and add the ACA board!

I'm completely puzzled as to why you keep discussing this situation with anyone BUT the extremely competent people you've entrusted to do the repair? If you've never used the PPC functionality, then why are you mithering about it? Communicate with Amigakit, explain how you plan to use your A1200 going forward and what you'd like to have it do. They will tell you if it's even possible (it might not be, there ARE newer systems now.) Amigakit have your board and system, they've already obviously run diagnostics and can plainly see what is wrong and what steps need to be taken to fix it.

Ah... unless it's one of those darn 'picnic' issues... then you're stuffed.

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

Rob 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 9:03:47
#33 ]
Elite Member

@Yo

I think he's just concerned about the 040/060 side working or not.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 19-Apr-2013 17:35:21
#34 ]
Elite Member

I've decided the timing fixes should be carried out, as I think this would be a good idea generally.

Amigakit can then test my machine with their control PPC to see if there's any trouble.

amigadave 
Posted on 20-Apr-2013 1:33:07
#35 ]

@RoqueFort

I think it is very bad manners and practice to complain about the service and performance, or delays of AmigaKit, when it seems pretty clear that you did not communicate very well with them before starting this thread. IMO, you should have done everything possible to resolve your disappointment with them directly first, before ever starting a thread about in a public forum.

As for your PPC card, I would suggest you sell it to someone who will actually use it and get the ACA accelerator you mentioned you were thinking of buying. That way AmigaKit can install and test it in your A1200 prior to shipping both items back to you and you will know that you have a working system to use as soon as it arrives back home. Almost the only reason to keep the PPC accelerator would be to run AmigaOS4.x, and/or a few PPC demos, which both can be run much better and faster on a better/faster AmigaOne system, if you are interested in AmigaOS4.x.

In the future please think about your actions first, before you begin to drag anyone, or any company's name through the mud in a public forum.

Just my own personal 2 cents,

Rob 
Posted on 20-Apr-2013 3:48:45
#36 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

Quote:
As for your PPC card, I would suggest you sell it to someone who will actually use it and get the ACA accelerator you mentioned you were thinking of buying. That way AmigaKit can install and test it in your A1200 prior to shipping both items back to you and you will know that you have a working system to use as soon as it arrives back home. Almost the only reason to keep the PPC accelerator would be to run AmigaOS4.x, and/or a few PPC demos, which both can be run much better and faster on a better/faster AmigaOne system, if you are interested in AmigaOS4.x.

You're looking at it the wrong. You've pointed out that OS4.x etc is better experienced on newer, better hardware.
Rocky is doing the NG guys a massive favour by keeping this old decrepit hardware off the market and forcing the people to buy a SAM/MacMini/whatever instead and thus receiving a much richer experience.

Anyway it's his money/hardware so I vote he can do whatever he wants with it, he didn't e beg for it on vague promises on some positive end result for other board members. He paid for it from his own hard earned cash.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 20-Apr-2013 11:17:54
#37 ]
Elite Member

I never wanted to drag anyone through the mud, but sometimes I feel I'm being dragged through the mud. I have been speaking to Amigakit directly through a support ticket, and I've come to accept their wheels are turning, even if they're slow sometimes.

Possibly one thing that has taken up some of their time is the arrival of the ACA 1232's...
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1113

No doubt Amigakit have been trying those out with all kinds of A1200 systems including mine. I was a little sceptical as to if the boards would actually arrive by their expected date, as we all know what release dates are like in the Amiga scene...

Nevertheless, the ACA 1232 has arrived, so I'd like one. I had 2 options, either assume my PPC/'040 wasn't damaged when the power unit went, and have the A1200 sent back without an accelerator, thus risking it not working at all with the possibly damaged PPC, OR I get an ACA board as a backup and risk the required timing fixes affecting my PPC. I chose the latter option as it's safer IMO.

No doubt the ACA 1232 has been discussed in other threads here on AW.net, I'll have to have a proper look round.

Rob 
Posted on 20-Apr-2013 14:48:22
#38 ]
Elite Member

@RoqueFort

Quote:
I never wanted to drag anyone through the mud

I think anyone a bit more familiar with you will know this and just reading your posts reflects that you weren't being malicious. I think because of all the trolling in the past, and sometimes still today, people here can be a little over sensitive.

Last edited by Rob on 20-Apr-2013 at 09:24 PM.

fryguy 
Posted on 26-May-2013 10:54:52
#39 ]
Cult Member

@Amigakit:

Now it's been over a month since i sent you my A4000-motherboard. I just want to confirm that you actually recieved it. It still says "pending".

Order: 25682

/Christian "fryguy" Johansson

Last edited by fryguy on 26-May-2013 at 10:55 AM.

amigakit 
Posted on 26-May-2013 12:21:59
#40 ]
Amiga Kit

@fryguy

I will check with our technician on Tuesday (public holiday tomorrow) regarding this and ask him to update you.

However, it is best to communicate with our Technician through the Support Ticket system and not here as he does not read these forums. Please update your ticket to bump it. Thanks.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle