Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 78 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 K-L:  15 mins ago
 pixie:  18 mins ago
 zipper:  25 mins ago
 Marcian:  30 mins ago
 amigakit:  53 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 1 min ago
 kolla:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 44 mins ago
 cip060:  3 hrs 33 mins ago
 BigD:  3 hrs 34 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  A-EON Announces New Batch Of Motherboards...
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Franko 
A-EON Announces New Batch Of Motherboards...
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 3:42:27
#1 ]
Elite Member

A-EON Announces New Boards...

This should cheer the place up a wee bit...

https://www.facebook.com/AEonTechnologyLtd

Kinda wise... announce it elsewhere and let someone like me report it, that way if nowt happens I can cop the blame... (wise marketing decision in Amigaland at last)

Last edited by Franko on 30-Mar-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
mbrantley 
Re: A-EON Announces New Boards...
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 4:12:26
#2 ]
Cult Member

Go, A-Eon!

We don't have the details yet, but as an X1000 owner my advice to anyone who wants to become an X1000 owner is to get yourself on the list at AmigaKit and start putting away the money so you'll be ready.

Rob 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 4:14:17
#3 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Well he did say that if there was demand then more would be built. It'll be interesting to see the moobunny take on it, no doubt there'll be a few people desperate to put a negative spin the news.

billt 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 4:44:03
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

I read that as announces new board design, such as something newer than x1000, which I was very excited to read mor eabout. This actually looks like a new x1000 production run, not some new design announcement. Uh. While I'd like an x1000, I have my money aimed at something else right now, and I'll probably miss the boat. I'd really prefer a laptop anyway. I'd love to see them announce that!

Franko 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 5:33:59
#5 ]
Elite Member

@billt

Quote:

billt wrote:
@Franko

I read that as announces new board design,

I suppose you could read it that way (even though "Design" isn't mentioned in the thread title nor in the announcement on Facebook)...

Whichever way you do choose to read it the announcement on Facebook still amounts to A-EON announcing a new batch of Nemo motherboards (whether they will be a new uprated design I have no idea) it shouldn't really matter and it should at least cheer those folk up whom have been looking to purchase one...

olegil 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 6:19:21
#6 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Surely we are grown up and can do our own negative spins? My take on it: This means that there's no new board design in the works any time soon, as we've already been told that the CPU of the Nemo board is prohibitively (prohobbitively? ) expensive. Could be that they over-engineered another board and a million things that could go wrong has gone wrong (to sort of bring things back to my constant ranting of "put less on the boards, please" )

The positive spin: there is demand, and the value of that should not be underestimated. And good news for everyone who wants an X1000 instead of a wait.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

olegil 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 6:22:08
#7 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Noone argued that the facebook thingie was unclear, as it clearly stated they've ordered another batch of Nemo. The thing that was unclear is entirely your wording (boards instead of batch). If you just go back and edit that word of the title, noone is gonna bother you about it again.

Hah, as if.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

Darth_X 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 6:23:10
#8 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

Franko wrote:

This should cheer the place up a wee bit...

Or angered

Every $3000 spent on one of these systems takes money out of the Amiga Community!
Show me $3000 a person spent on software development!

Franko 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 6:39:28
#9 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:

olegil wrote:
@Franko

Noone argued that the facebook thingie was unclear

Erm... did i say or claim anyone "argued"... nope...

Quote:
as it clearly stated they've ordered another batch of Nemo.

Problem solved then (if there ever was one)...

Quote:
The thing that was unclear is entirely your wording (boards instead of batch

Maybe "unclear" to you but certainly not "unclear" to me let alone in it's entirety...

These are new boards that the announcement claims have been commissioned are they not ???

It's not some "old boards" they happened to find lying about and thought "I know, let's pretend we're going to have some new board manufactured and flog off these old ones"... is it...

Quote:
If you just go back and edit that word of the title, noone is gonna bother you about it again.

All this fuss over what is a perfectly reasonable and indeed accurate thread title...

Gawd... aint you simply happy something NEW is being made and just be pleased with that or would you like me to add some fancy colours and gfx to the title as well just to please those that read things into things that isn't even being said...

Aint no pleasing some folk is there...

Quote:
Hah, as if.

retro 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 7:05:01
#10 ]

@Franko

its an easter eg and you found it or its an april fools joke !!!

Franko 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 7:25:23
#11 ]
Elite Member

@retro

Quote:

retro wrote:
@Franko

its an easter eg and you found it or its an april fools joke !!!

If it's an April Fool joke then it's gotta be the naffest of all time cos they released it an entire day before April the 1st...

Franko 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 7:38:17
#12 ]
Elite Member

@Darth_X

Quote:

Darth_X wrote:

Every $3000 spent on one of these systems takes money out of the Amiga Community!
Show me $3000 a person spent on software development!

Cobblers...

How on earth does anyone who happens to spend $3000 on an X1000 "take money out of the Amiga Community"...

Do you really think that someones 3 thousand bucks and what they choose to spend it on somehow belongs to the "Amiga Community" !!!

Or indeed if they chose to spend it on say a holiday or second hand car that somehow three thousand bucks has been taken away from teh "Amiga Community"...

Heck I've got oodles of cash sitting about all over the place, just cos I choose not to spend it on something Amiga related doesn't mean to say anything is being taken away from the "Amiga Community" does it...

There's no laws that I know of that says people spending money on things they like is a crime or somehow taking money away from the "Amiga Community", least not yet...

PS: Why would your typical Amiga user wan't to spend/ give 3000 bucks to someone to develop software, unless it was part of a business deal which in these days would be very unlikely...

olegil 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 7:57:24
#13 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Hey, I was just trying to be helpful, no need to get your socks twisted ("my socks certainly aren't twisted why do you think so etc". I'm not gonna bother answering any attempts at humour on my expense from you).

Franko 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 8:05:37
#14 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:

olegil wrote:
@Franko

I'm not gonna bother answering any attempts at humour on my expense from you).

You just did...

vrana 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 8:16:57
#15 ]

@Darth_X

I am not sure why you seem to think that every sale of an X1000 is stealing money from the Amiga comunity. If anything it is the opposite since when you buy an AmigaOne X1000 you are also paying for a copy of AmigaOS4.1 and therefore money is going to the software developers who work on AmigaOS4.1 (and any extra applications they may have licensed to bundle with it) and a number of these AmigaOS4.1 developers work on a variety of software outside of the OS development side of things.

So without the sale of the hardware there would be reduced sales of the OS and less funding for the people who develop on the Amiga systems.

vox 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 8:23:19
#16 ]
Elite Member

@billt

Quote:
read that as announces new board design, such as something newer than x1000, which I was very excited to read mor eabout. This actually looks like a new x1000 production run, not some new design announcement. Uh. While I'd like an x1000, I have my money aimed at something else right now, and I'll probably miss the boat. I'd really prefer a laptop anyway. I'd love to see them announce that!

No, it says new batch ...

So sad dont have 3k to cash in right now, but surely good news for anyone interested and waiting
and about time to update AmigaKit page

@Darth_X

Quote:
Every $3000 spent on one of these systems takes money out of the Amiga Community! Show me $3000 a person spent on software development!

Well ... even in big pro world rarely people individually donate so much.
But bit by bit ...
Timberwolf? Well, present the worthy project and people will support it

And remember without hardware there can barely be software

Kronos 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 9:43:00
#17 ]
Elite Member

My spin on it (you knew that was coming, didn't you ):

Trevor somehow&somewhere found some P6T CPUs at just normal insane price and since the Ahab-xXx3000 is still far far away from completion ....

Anybodys guess at how many units will be in this batch....

Spirantho 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 9:51:52
#18 ]

@Franko

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! The more Amiga boards out there - especially high end ones - the better. After all, the people who want the X1000 are usually developers, so each X1000 sold is likely to be another developer being more productive, and that can never be a bad thing.

Last edited by Spirantho on 30-Mar-2013 at 09:58 AM.

pavlor 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 10:04:35
#19 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

Quote:
Trevor somehow&somewhere found some P6T CPUs at just normal insane price and since the Ahab-xXx3000 is still far far away from completion ....

I think that is highly probably what realy happened. So tempting, if only price was 1000USD lower...

There was another interesting picture on A-eon Facebook page - Radeon HD poster March 23. Hopefully Warp3D drivers will be there soon (or not ). Judging by Windows benchmarks, Radeon HD6850 is more than 50 times faster in raw 3D performance than Radeon9000Pro, could be visible speed improvement even with "slow" drivers.

cha05e90 
Posted on 30-Mar-2013 10:13:54
#20 ]

@olegil

Quote:
there is demand

..there was always more demand than Varisys/AmigaKit were and are able to produce. Nice to see another batch goes through the door. And those who couldn't wait were/are ordering AmigaOne 500's/Sam460ex'. Compared to my own steps after AmigaOS 3.9 (pre-ordering a Sam440ep in 2008) I would consider the current situation much more comfortable...

Last edited by cha05e90 on 30-Mar-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle