Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 172 guest(s) on-line.
 3 member(s) on-line.

OlafS25,  matthey,  Matt3k

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  1 min ago
 matthey:  1 min ago
 Matt3k:  4 mins ago
 Hypex:  12 mins ago
 pixie:  16 mins ago
 pavlor:  21 mins ago
 zipper:  54 mins ago
 jPV:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 amigang:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 hannana:  2 hrs 19 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Poll : Will we see pictures from ACK today as promised?
yes
no
his camera broke
it's not Tuesday in Alaska
wait, THIS Tuesday?
maybe
pancakes are your friend

PosterThread
CodeSmith 
Re: [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 3:47:10
#41 ]
Elite Member

@Seehund

Well, excuse me for wanting to run AmigaOS 4.0. I believe you'll find that (by this stage anyway) most of us don't really care who makes the hardware. I don't think "fanatically different" is a label that applies to most of us here.

Edit: If you want to see something "fanatically different", go here and see a bunch of progressive liberal types defending the use of sweatshops in China, just because it's Apple (or rather, Apple's manufacturing partner) doing it. Some things just blow my mind.

Last edited by CodeSmith on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Last edited by CodeSmith on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:50 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
A1200 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 4:04:34
#42 ]
Elite Member

Looks like you will all have to keep looking after your classics/A1s a little longer

Seehund 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 4:24:57
#43 ]

@CodeSmith

Quote:

CodeSmith wrote:
@Seehund

Well, excuse me for wanting to run AmigaOS 4.0.

You're excused, and while I'm at it I'm excusing myself for wanting the same thing. :)

Quote:
I believe you'll find that (by this stage anyway) most of us don't really care who makes the hardware. I don't think "fanatically different" is a label that applies to most of us here.

(Just to clarify: When I said "here in La-La land" et c. I wasn't referring to this site exclusively, and cerrtainly not all of its members. More like "the general sphere of interest where people only want 'special' hardware".)

Yes, fortunately most people do seem to have woken up and realise that trademarks on a commodity like hardware don't matter to the OS. I don't think it's a problem that a few "fanatically different" people still exist, but it is a problem that the AmigaOS sales/distribution strategy is designed to cater to the beliefs of the "fanatically different" and no-one else. It's the fanatically different way or no way.

Legion 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 5:21:53
#44 ]
Cult Member

@Seehund

Quote:
Just to clarify: When I said "here in La-La land" et c. I wasn't referring to this site exclusively, and cerrtainly not all of its members.

Give him a break. Seriously. He's probably shaking his head right now, going "Grrr... why doesn't this WORK?? it should work! There is no reason why this shouldn't work!! @$!@#!@@!@!!"

I've been in similar situations myself.

Give him a few days.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 7:51:23
#45 ]
Elite Member

@wegster

Maybe… make it to day, if he find a place to upload the pictures and have the time to do it, if not I have my AmigaOne-XE…

I agree being not able to show a working proto type looked silly, I should at least have shown a proto type last time, but anyway, I hope he corrects his wrongs… I’m hopeful that ACK / Adam are not producing / selling hot air.

I remember Blittersoft / BoXeR and how that failed after many redesigns I have where disappointed when it never so the light of day, but maybe its complicated design where not worth it compared to simpler design whit E-UAE running, at the time the BoXeR where not half bad idea, when we think of the limited processor power of the time (1998/1999).

The “Inside out” the A1200 on PCI card for PC failed on it popularity I think, they did have working design but it did not get anywhere.

“The Amiga walker” at the end of the day they did have working mainboard but then they VISCORP went out of bossiness due to economics. (1996/1997)

“Draco” the Amiga Clone did arrive but it turned out to be too expensive, whit its disadvantage of not having every custom chips, never did become a big success. (1992)

I don’t think we are victims of too many scams, but there have bin too many fail attempts, I’m shore ACK is not trying to play the Amiga community for fools, designing hardware and writing software take time and it’s not easy, showing a few pictures of some proto types is not going to save ACK from producing vapour if he can’t get it working.

CodeSmith 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 8:47:45
#46 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Neither Adam nor Troika are involved in anything I (or anyone sane) would call fraudulent, for the very simple reason that they haven't asked anyone for money. On the other hand, their PR leaves a lot to be desired and they've shot themselves in the foot so many times that you have to wonder if they have any toes left.

BinoX 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 8:50:36
#47 ]
Cult Member

@wegster

I dunno.. to be fair to him he may have meant NEXT tuesday... I do that kinda thing a lot... I say "It'll be there tuesday" and I mean a week tuesday...

CD32freak 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 8:53:20
#48 ]

@wegster

I voted: pancakes are your friend! Mmmm, pancakes

In my opinion, Adam, theTroika team and others should have done what Dennis (minimig), tnt23 (Amiga Floppy Emulator) and Jens (countless Amiga hardware ) did. If you have hardware working in some form or another, only then make it public. Oh yeah, preferebly with lots of pictures too!

FithisUX 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 9:07:49
#49 ]

@CD32freak

Since I am a Greek, and we usually work like Adam, I understand him and expect nothing, until it is done. He has good intentions. If he should give pictures, possibly the low -end PV would be fine. I am sure he will have it ready. This is what we need actually. As far as the licence is concerned,(many times mentioned in the threads) he should say that the hardware is AOS4 friendly. Use Linux/BSD and let Hyperion port it. This is their job, this is what they are paid to do. Not Adam's.

scOOby 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 9:31:46
#50 ]

@Akiko

No. Nasty and trolly is to tell us something about hardware that is not existant and to lie through one's teeth. It's Wednesday...so where are the pictures?

Chain-Q 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 10:31:50
#51 ]
Cult Member

@Legion

Quote:
He's probably shaking his head right now, going "Grrr... why doesn't this WORK?? it should work! There is no reason why this shouldn't work!! @$!@#!@@!@!!"

If i recall it correctly, many many many summers ago, a company called bPlan told that G4 won't work with all Articia chips (only with hand-selected ones), so they finally dropped it, and went to use another chip. Of course Articia fans laughed at them, and the story continued as we all know. Now, according to Adam, the problem is that the ultra-fast G4 is not working in all AmigaOne boards.

Maybe it's the same problem what Adam is facing now? Just speculating though. Please remember: all findings of bPlan about Articia finally got a proof until now. (DMA/cache issues, etc). Why should this be any different?

Rogue 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 10:38:55
#52 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@Chain-Q

Quote:
If i recall it correctly, many many many summers ago, a company called bPlan told that G4 won't work with all Articia chips (only with hand-selected ones), so they finally dropped it, and went to use another chip. Of course Articia fans laughed at them, and the story continued as we all know. Now, according to Adam, the problem is that the ultra-fast G4 is not working in all AmigaOne boards.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have a G4 7447 here and it already ran at 1.4 GHz, I had to clock it down because my cooler couldn't cope with the heat.

polka. 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 10:45:35
#53 ]

@Rogue
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you

Why all this hostility? Adams problems were related to a G4 at 1.7 Ghz - it just didn't work well on all AmigaOne boards.
So what does a single person experience from someone running at 1.4 Ghz have to do with this?

-Sam- 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 10:46:17
#54 ]
Elite Member

@wegster

Didn't happen did it?

@Potential future Amiga hardware designers

Announce NOTHING until it is 100% ready or else you will look like an unprofessional buffoon and no-one will believe anything you say.

I thought you'd all have worked this out by now.

Sorry - was that a bit harsh? Got to get the understanding across somehow and stop erveyone on both sides of the development wall getting too frustrated.

Last edited by -Sam- on 14-Jun-2006 at 11:15 AM.

ironfist 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 10:59:36
#55 ]
Cult Member

Edit: Removed post. Trolling (as well as a complete lack of being able to spell a users name correctly)

Last edited by _Steve_ on 14-Jun-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Last edited by ironfist on 14-Jun-2006 at 11:16 AM.

ikir 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 11:21:00
#56 ]
Elite Member

@polka.

Quote:
Why all this hostility?

Are you joking? Why this hostility?

Chain-Q did not anything wrong, but often Rogue's patience is stressed by forum users. I see replies TO Rogue much more hostile than this.

COBRA 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 11:23:09
#57 ]

@Chain-Q

If you read the IRC transcript from Adam a bit more carefully, you will see that it does work, but not getting the expected throughput. There are 7451, 7455 and 7447 CPU modules running happily in AmigaOne's. And "many many summers ago" the 7448 didn't exist. This "blame everything on Articia, bPlan is alwarys right" attitude is a bit narrow-minded IMHO. Stop speculating and just wait and see what happens.

Fransexy 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 11:32:05
#58 ]
Elite Member

@ironfist

Quote:
I lost my respect for him a long time ago.

I am loosing my respect for the community thanks to users like you

warface 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 11:39:55
#59 ]

@COBRA

Quote:
This "blame everything on Articia, bPlan is alwarys right" attitude is a bit narrow-minded IMHO.

Not more than the "blame everything on BBRV, Hyperion is always right" attitude, which is a bit more popular here. He has the excuse of being a MorphOS developer, you have the excuse of being an OS4 developer, the users have the excuse of being Amiga users, ACK has the excuse of... err.... some explanation will pop up soon, so I say let it rest.

ironfist 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 11:40:00
#60 ]
Cult Member

Fransexy:
I'm glad I could be of help.

So, where are Adam's pictures?

If he needs funding for this ACK board I recommend him to put his images here.
They will pay him 1 USD for every 5500 picture views.

Imageshack.us - Free upload, max size 1.5MB

Heck, if he PM me I could put them up on my webserver for free!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle