Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 150 guest(s) on-line.
 3 member(s) on-line.

pavlor,  OlafS25,  Matt3k

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  10 secs ago
 pavlor:  39 secs ago
 Matt3k:  3 mins ago
 pixie:  26 mins ago
 zipper:  26 mins ago
 Hypex:  40 mins ago
 jPV:  42 mins ago
 amigang:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 hannana:  1 hr 51 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga Anywhere 2.0 SDK
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
linnar 
Re: Amiga Anywhere 2.0 SDK
Posted on 22-Feb-2008 12:38:17
#201 ]
Cult Member

@-pekr-

I think You make a new tree to Rebol, this is a AA2-tree.

Profile     Report this post  
-pekr- 
Posted on 22-Feb-2008 13:09:24
#202 ]

@linnar

good point. But I will make one once we are ready to port R3 to A4 Starting separate thread would not gain any momentum either. I just thought that I will answer 1,2,3 questions etc., but they are still popping out.

But - unless someone posts more info about AA2 and its planned progress, what should we talk about? So right now we split thread into two topics - REBOL, and MS development tools

(just kidding ...)

btw - there was some mention to AA2 mailing list. Is that one publicly archived anywhere? Well, I doubt it, but I had to ask anyway. Really - I can't understand the closed nature of AA2 dev community ....

TheAMIgaOne 
Posted on 29-Feb-2008 15:46:01
#203 ]
Cult Member

Cant be ar*ed to read all 11pages, but downloaded the SDK from the link, i presume everyone with a amipass can get this one as ive heard this ones beta, ive also got the software dist agreement that amiga.com sent me, if i were to send that off to amiga does this change which sdk we get or is it the same one.

thanks

AmigaOneXE OS4.1.6

TaoSoftwareBlog Youtube

Sodapop 
Posted on 29-Feb-2008 16:56:46
#204 ]

@TheAMIgaOne

It is the same one !

Cheers !

AmigaNutter 
Posted on 3-Mar-2008 21:55:10
#205 ]

Well done Gabriel on the most humerous post of 2008 so far. Criticising a company that worked with Amiga for over promising and under delivering is very, very funny. McBill sold a few thousand of their SDKs maybe eight years ago and never paid them a single cent. I don't believe we ever saw much enthusiasm from them after that. What would you do if someone owed you maybe $50,000 and didn't pay? Maybe it was Amiga who over promised and under delivered?

If I remember right, we used to congratulate Francis Charig on telling the truth while McBill told us the tech would make the tea in the mornings and make the sun shine all day long.

A mate of mine was in Barcelona and sent me the following. MWC 2008: Antix. Antix is doing things AA2 could never compete with. Watch the video. And apparently my friend told me that they showed him SSX and Tiger Woods, serious 3D games as well. This is just SimCity.

We should try and get more info on this.

Nutter.

Quote:
It makes complete sense that Amiga is continuing to repackage Francis Charig's offerings.

AA2 is not based on anything from the old Tao, nor from the new Antix. Amiga's solution is completely independent and fully controlled and owned internally.

One major and obvious difference is that Amiga's solution does not require any "player" like AA1 or this new Antix thing do. Built applications are downloaded as native apps for the target device, meaning lower memory footprint, no mucking about with having to have a player, etc.

Seriously, after the disappointment Tao's relationship with Amiga was (over promising and under delivering), I'm surprised anyone would consider that Amiga Inc would jump on Antix's bandwagon.

Also, considering that a number of people in this thread actually have the AA2 SDK and yet couldn't figure this out raises interesting questions about how deeply they've really looked into it and if they actually understand what they have.

Gabriel
[/quote]

Edited by Zardoz: Corrected the formatting of the URL.

Last edited by Zardoz on 03-Mar-2008 at 10:57 PM.

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 7-Mar-2008 7:25:42
#206 ]

@AmigaNutter

Quote:
Also, considering that a number of people in this thread actually have the AA2 SDK and yet couldn't figure this out raises interesting questions about how deeply they've really looked into it and if they actually understand what they have.

What do they have? An extremly limited compiler that has switch to compile to Win32 or Win Mobile?? AMAZING! Now I can run my code anywhere!

Oh wait I can run almost NO code.

My dirt simple IRC app I want to port to Win Mobile??? Can I use AA2 for that? HA HA! No.

Better than MacOSX??? Lets just compare AA2 with the new iPhone SDK shall we??

Last edited by AmigaHeretic on 07-Mar-2008 at 07:26 AM.

Leo 
Posted on 7-Mar-2008 8:21:08
#207 ]

Quote:

Seriously, after the disappointment Tao's relationship with Amiga was (over promising and under delivering), I'm surprised anyone would consider that Amiga Inc would jump on Antix's bandwagon.

Seriously, after the failure of the AmigaAnywhere1, the poor number of titles, their relatively low quality, and all that during maybe 8 years, I'd be surprised if anyone would jump on Amiga's bandwagon...

Especially when you know that it only works on Windows+ARM/WinCE devices...

Now Antix team really shows something: the same game running on Windows, WinCE, then Symbian... And they already have deals to include their player with some Motorola devices...

But they should definitely change their ugly spash screen :)

AmigaNutter 
Posted on 9-Mar-2008 3:56:05
#208 ]

@Leo

Quote:
Now Antix team really shows something: the same game running on Windows, WinCE, then Symbian... And they already have deals to include their player with some Motorola devices...

My mate, John spoke to me today and said that in Barcelona one of the Antix engineers spoke to him about another handset maker, not Motorola but one of the others - one of Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG or Nokia but they wouldn't say which. John said the man he spoke to was a hairy engineer, not a salesman type so it's probably for real. Doubt if the company's Nokia because it has N-Gage. But if they've got 2 of them signed up then it's really interesting. What makes it even more so, according to John was that Antix is going to come out with support for low-end devices, not just the high end open platforms.

McBill really should have thought about all of this. But then he doesn't get it. He thinks if we have the Amiga brand on it, then we're obliged to support it because I have an Amiga in my attic I bought in 1988.

ChrisH 
Posted on 9-Mar-2008 9:40:58
#209 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaNutter Quote:
McBill really should have thought about all of this. But then he doesn't get it. He thinks if we have the Amiga brand on it, then we're obliged to support it because I have an Amiga in my attic I bought in 1988.

That's why I sometimes doubt whether they really are serious about this AA2 business - it just seems (from the outside) they are putting so little effort (or cash) into it... Possibly Bill (or maybe Fleecy) sold their mysterious backers on the idea that they could make AA2 successful without spending much cash, rather than mothballing the whole business.

retro 
Posted on 15-Dec-2008 18:59:47
#210 ]

@ChrisH

soo did any one of you make anything with aa2. or did you just use your time to blame it.

can some one put up an small app. or something for download soo wee can se it in action insted off your bitching...

a small demo. some graphic would be nice

puppy 
Posted on 15-Dec-2008 22:20:46
#211 ]

@retro

So huge to do a very few things. It is Java what motivates me more. I have spent some on AA2, some frustrating, believe me !

No linux version, no BOOKS, no support ... waste of time since there's no perspective for OS.
I wish i had to buy a nice machine, buy Os 5 and develop for my favourite OS, for a reasonable price.

I have tried to build an IDE application for AA2, but so long ans so hard to study all functions, without examples ...

linnar 
Posted on 15-Dec-2008 23:29:37
#212 ]
Cult Member

@puppy

Quote:

puppy wrote:
@retro

So huge to do a very few things. It is Java what motivates me more. I have spent some on AA2, some frustrating, believe me !

No linux version, no BOOKS, no support ... waste of time since there's no perspective for OS.
I wish i had to buy a nice machine, buy Os 5 and develop for my favourite OS, for a reasonable price.

I have tried to build an IDE application for AA2, but so long ans so hard to study all functions, without examples ...

I don't understand!?
AA2 is build in C.
I have a 202 pages pdf-bok an the same in html-file.
Html-file version is very nice to navigate in.
Why is it harder to develop a IDE for AA2 an to other C-code?
You can use free C-EDI on the internet, it's work fine.

linnar 
Posted on 17-Dec-2008 21:21:00
#213 ]
Cult Member

I pick up som computer-platforms to AA2
from the .h-code:

(I deleted some txt!)

// Platform names.
_WIN32
__MINGW32CE__
__MINGW32__

__linux__
define AA_PLATFORM_LINUX

__CYGWIN__
define AA_PLATFORM_CYGWIN

_WIN32_WCE
define AA_PLATFORM_WINDOWS_POCKETPC

__CEGCC__
define AA_PLATFORM_WINDOWS_POCKETPC_GCC

.....and yes it is :

__AMIGAOS4__
define AA_PLATFORM_AMIGAOS4

It's don't work yet but it is in the plane!!

Last edited by linnar on 17-Dec-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Sodapop 
Posted on 18-Dec-2008 8:55:05
#214 ]

@linnar

Quote:
You can use free C-EDI on the internet, it's work fine

Wich one do you use ? or wich is the best available ?

Thanks...

abalaban 
Posted on 18-Dec-2008 10:18:32
#215 ]

@linnar

Yes it's very hard to put a #ifdef __AMIGAOS4__ in an header file, if you wish I can also put a #ifdef __WIN32__ in any .h of my Amiga programs that won't cost me anything...
Except that it's very convenient to have it and publish the updated SDK when you have some court cases pending just to prove that AOS4 is in your plan... Now if really they would have had plan to support AOS4 that would have been done by now, in fact if I were them I would have even started by that just to be sure to have behind me (instead of against me as it is now) a part of the community that would have produced some apps for me while I try to enter other higly competitive markets... But hey I won't learn them how to do business, they are selling .99$ "CoolTools" so sure they know how to make money

KimmoK 
Posted on 18-Dec-2008 10:48:16
#216 ]
Elite Member

@abalaban

"But hey I won't learn them how to do business, they are selling .99$ "CoolTools" so sure they know how to make money "

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

linnar 
Posted on 18-Dec-2008 13:27:49
#217 ]
Cult Member

@Sodapop

Quote:

Sodapop wrote:
@linnar

Quote:
You can use free C-EDI on the internet, it's work fine

Wich one do you use ? or wich is the best available ?

Thanks...

I don't use standalone-EDI.
I programming with LccWin.
I have test a cuple of standalone-EDI. It's good everyone.

linnar 
Posted on 18-Dec-2008 13:38:08
#218 ]
Cult Member

@abalaban

Quote:

abalaban wrote:
@linnar

Yes it's very hard to put a #ifdef __AMIGAOS4__ in an header file, if you wish I can also put a #ifdef __WIN32__ in any .h of my Amiga programs that won't cost me anything...
Except that it's very convenient to have it and publish the updated SDK when you have some court cases pending just to prove that AOS4 is in your plan... Now if really they would have had plan to support AOS4 that would have been done by now, in fact if I were them I would have even started by that just to be sure to have behind me (instead of against me as it is now) a part of the community that would have produced some apps for me while I try to enter other higly competitive markets... But hey I won't learn them how to do business, they are selling .99$ "CoolTools" so sure they know how to make money

The platform.h-file have dated 2006-2007. It's before the courtcase.

Maybe it's fun to sell smal phon program. But a programming company make more
money to sell .99$ simple apps then sell Amiga computer with OS4.x!

-pekr- 
Posted on 18-Dec-2008 15:09:23
#219 ]

@linnar

Linnar - you seem to have access to AA2, right? What state is it in and what is its purpose? It surely is not based upon anything from Tao, so why not SDL, etc?

I come from REBOL land, so I know, why independent system might make some sense, but REBOL at least has clear vision of what it is (is going to be) - RIA platform, along with well thought out language, for small internet-age apps.

But what is purpose of AA2 in today's world? Coding in C to being cross-platform? Huh ....

thanks,
-pekr-

ChrisH 
Posted on 18-Dec-2008 20:01:48
#220 ]
Elite Member

@retro Quote:
@ChrisH

soo did any one of you make anything with aa2. or did you just use your time to blame it.

I don't see why I should have to make anything with AA2, just because I sometimes doubt whether they are serious about it. In fact, surely it makes more sense to avoid AA2 if I doubt that they are serious about it?!

Anyway, I spent my time programming this, rather than blaming Amiga Inc

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle