Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 76 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  10 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  31 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr ago
 pixie:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 55 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 13 mins ago
 RobertB:  4 hrs 14 mins ago
 bhabbott:  4 hrs 43 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Alt Amiga OS
      /  [Poll] Should CUSA posts and promotions be allowed at AW.net now and in the future?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think we should do with CUSA posts?
Let them be all the time .... CUSA has Amiga name, I like it and other reasons
It should be discussed after the product is realised
It shouldn`t be promoted at all at AW.net
Every user that promotes it against other Amigas should get abuse points

PosterThread
vox 
Re: [Poll] Should CUSA posts and promotions be allowed at AW.net now and in the future?
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 17:23:01
#41 ]
Elite Member

@WolfToTheMoon

Quote:

WolfToTheMoon wrote:
@vox

FFS! If you want a x86 port of AOS4, then go "torture" Hyperion! They are the ones in command of OS4's destiny, not C=USA! Same for MOS(MOS team).

Why don't you ask them if it is of interest to you?

Nah, you were the one to be x86 AmigaOS soldiers

All involved parties don`t mention that "incident" at all (MOS, AOS, CUSA)
so I wouldn`t touch it too. Maybe one day when its really history.

However, there is one solution for both CUSA machines and every PC to go OS 4.1 compatibile, only if Varisys and Hyperion allow it
http://www.varisys.co.uk/vs145.html
(by the way, thanks for pointing out the Varisys website boards and products)

Industry standard PCI full length card
867MHz-1.3GHz+ PowerPC™ processor
2MBytes fast DDR, L3 cache
128MBytes-1GByte SDRAM
optional on-board 10/100 ethernet controller
supports JTAG in-circuit emulation
target support for GNU Tool Kit, Linux 2.4 and VxWorks™
host support for Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Linux and Solaris 8
BIOS firmware including TCL interpreter with support for booting from network or PCI
Serial Port
The VS145 PowerPC™ PCI card delivers an outstanding combination of computational and I/O performance in a compact, industry standard form factor. On its own or as part of a multiprocessing system, the VS145 is a powerful engine for embedded computing in industrial, military and commercial applications. The VS145 utilises a third generation PowerPC™ G4+ CPU - the Motorola MPC745x family. This device has a highly advanced superscaler architecture to delivering exceptional integer and floating point performance.

The PowerPC™ G4+ benefits from a highly efficient 100MHz system bus and an AltiVec™ 128 bit vector processing engine which can perform four single precision floating point operations per clock cycle. Performance is further enhanced by 256kBytes on chip cache running at full core speed and 2MBytes L3.

Profile     Report this post  
vox 
Re: [Poll] Should CUSA posts and promotions be allowed at AW.net now and in the future?
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 17:31:05
#42 ]
Elite Member

@damocles

Quote:

Have you actually read the license agreement between AI and C=USA? No? Have you read every single contract that C=USA has made so far? No?

I will as soon as they are publicly availiable on CUSA website or
on Justia. The CUSA website mentions only right to use Amiga name
on All in one computers.

Quote:
Sometimes I am really sorry I am not international lawyer, just a social worker and educator.

You don't have to be, you just have to know US laws.
[/quote]

No, I don`t at all. I live in Europe.

Quote:

If it's posted on the Internet, by international copyright treaties which the US is a signature of, it is automatically copyrighted and does not need any copyright notices to that effect. Unless you personal own any disputed (and as of right now, I have heard of no one stating they have a dispute of their work with C=USA). Your just being ####y and looking for any excuse, real or imaginary, to rag on C=USA which you deemed as a major threat to your camp.

Oh, so its yours without contract or copyright, until someone complains?
Using such exploits is nice hole in tha law.

CUSA deemed itself by behaviour to be percieved in such way, by ignorance and iresponsibility and comments on forums they have let go without any warnings.

[quote]
After last night's meeting at Barry's house, I will say your attempts to discredit C=USA are futile as holding a door close against a tidal wave.
//quote]

Ah you have meetings? Nice. Ahh you imagine you are tidal wave. Such artistic expression. And I am the door ... nice.

No, I am simply defending what you are offending including AW.net

This is a fair poll and everyone can vote for all options included, including CUSA promotion forever. Americans believe they invented that now global thing called democracy, but educated people know its Greeks

number6 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 17:35:01
#43 ]
Elite Member

@vox

Quote:
All involved parties don`t mention that "incident" at all (MOS, AOS, CUSA)
so I wouldn`t touch it too. Maybe one day when its really history.

Sorry, I don't follow that. What incident?

If you refer to C=USA contacting Hyperion, they've already posted that publically.

Quote:
Look, we're not opposed to Natami, X1000 mobos or anything in our cases.
Quite the contrary....we'd love that.
And we even approached Hyperion about it at least a month ago.

Although I must admit that I see no mention of contacting A-eon, who would be the people to contact, imo.

Post #116

vox 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 17:47:35
#44 ]
Elite Member

@Arko
@Damocles

No I have not. What CUSA and Amiga Inc published on their website is transfer of rights to use Amiga name for All in one computer, nothing else is mentioned.

I could not have what to complain in sense of trademark, your desires to prosecute Amiga websites etc. if I knew exactly that CUSA has purchased "everything Amiga" or "licence name including amiga.com, amiga inc., AmigaOS, AmigaOne, Spanish Amigas " etc. or Amiga Inc itself.

The gloomy policy, as well as in A-EON case is worse choice.

@number 6

Yes I ment CUSA contacting AROS, MOS and Hyperion what was the proposal, why it was declined in all 3 cases. Where was it posted?
I ment that no one officially (e.g. their website) said none.

CUSA switched to "kill em all" policy after being denied, or at least the fanboys.

number6 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 17:55:15
#45 ]
Elite Member

@vox

Quote:
@number 6

Yes I ment CUSA contacting AROS, MOS and Hyperion what was the proposal, why it was declined in all 3 cases. Where was it posted?
I ment that no one officially (e.g. their website) said none.

What I posted is by no means detail of their proposal.
But the wording makes it quite clear that they spoke about their cases being available for use by others.

To put this in a time frame, the talk was prior to the Pluritas press release announcing the sale of Amiga.
Perhaps when the IP is owned by someone else any discussion could be revisited.
This should not spark a flamefest. It's obvious to all that Hyperion would not be comfortable having to answer to the whims of AI, after the events of recent years.

damocles 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 17:56:47
#46 ]

@vox

Quote:
No, I don`t at all. I live in Europe.

It's a USA site, it follows USA laws and not European laws.

Quote:
Oh, so its yours without contract or copyright, until someone complains? Using such exploits is nice hole in tha law.

If there is a conflict and the IP owner can not get relief from the site, they can file a DMCA take down notice and file a law suit. Less it's your IP in question, you have nothing legally to say about it.

Quote:
Ah you have meetings? Nice. Ahh you imagine you are tidal wave. Such artistic expression. And I am the door ... nice.

I'm not the tidal wave, but I saw multiple pictures of it last night.

Quote:
No, I am simply defending what you are offending including AW.net

Your delusional.

terminills 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 17:57:00
#47 ]
AROS Core Developer

@vox

Aros is opensource there is noone to deny anything there. The only thing that could be denied is closed source Software/Drivers owned by people...

I also find the Poll results interesting considering the number of votes is now coming close to doubling the number of voters.

Total Votes: 242
Total Voters: 161

edit: nevermind the poll seems to count every item as a single vote...

Last edited by terminills on 04-Feb-2011 at 06:02 PM.

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

number6 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 18:02:29
#48 ]
Elite Member

@terminills

Quote:
I also find the Poll results interesting considering the number of votes is now coming close to doubling the number of voters.

Just ask the OP whether the poll was contructed to allow multiple category response.

jas_mc 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 18:06:02
#49 ]

@damocles

"If it's posted on the Internet, by international copyright treaties which the US is a signature of, it is automatically copyrighted and does not need any copyright notices to that effect."

If you mean you don't have to display any copyright symbols, you're quite correct

But you're assigned copyright automatically when you create the work, not when you post it. You don't get assigned copyright if you post something that isn't your copyright in the first place, obviously (e.g. public domain material, or stuff that someone else has copyrighted).

terminills 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 18:06:04
#50 ]
AROS Core Developer

@number6

see my edit =P

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

vision 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 18:10:46
#51 ]

@vox

you are a f*cking NAZI

and being serbian, it doesn´t surprise me too much.

EDITED BY MODERATOR
This post rendered the user a 7 day posting restriction for a personal attack.

Last edited by zerohero on 04-Feb-2011 at 07:00 PM.

eliyahu 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 18:19:00
#52 ]

@vision

Quote:
you are a f*cking NAZI

whoa, take it easy. that was way over the line, on more than one level.

we're just talking about computers here, after all.

-- eliyahu

vox 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 18:29:02
#53 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:

Aussie bwai:
Look, we're not opposed to Natami, X1000 mobos or anything in our cases.
Quite the contrary....we'd love that.
And we even approached Hyperion about it at least a month ago.
But first, show me a motherboard that has been shaken out by any of these projects.

This is sarcasm and irony since they jump over the all OS 4.1 systems to X1000 which is less vapor then CUSA Amigas so far (board specs, presentations, we know who does the OS). Natami is also work in progress.

I would say they also have nothing for.

And it doesn`t say why they approached Hyperion and how it ended (what was the reason of denial). Mind that Aussie is a local Amiga user at AW.net and CUSA promoter on his You Tube channel (without comments allowed) but I haven`t seen that at CUSA staff he is appointed as PR (or to say more, I haven`t seen any staff or employees list with who is who)

I might look like a extreme CUSA basher, but actually I am lurking in the dark like everyone else with more knowledge on OS and hardware history then average Joe that might be CUSA target buyer.

However, might this criticism be a positive lesson to behave more like a real bussines then like Amiga Inc. and that if not answered on CUSA website, such question might pop up again the future.

Manu 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 18:40:38
#54 ]

@vox

Quote:

vox wrote:
However, might this criticism be a positive lesson to behave more like a real bussines then like Amiga Inc. and that if not answered on CUSA website, such question might pop up again the future.

So you're here to teach and lecture "Amiga" companies . Boy you're only 15 years late.

vox 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 18:47:46
#55 ]
Elite Member

@terminills

Multiply answers are allowed, everyone that vote can see it.
The point was not for everyone to vote all four, but that people might desire
e.g. options 2 and 4 or 1 and 4 or 3 and 4 since they are not excluding each other.

Well, AROS is only open source in Amiga world, but are the case designs such as Fantasy Amiga case (long time stood with no sign of author), other cases, previously used logos of Windows, ChromeOS (in previous site iteration), Boing Ball ...

@damocles

Quote:
Your delusional

Following the CUSA PR

@vision
Quote:

you are a f*cking NAZI

Reported. Usualy I don`t reply to such nonsense, but for your pleasure
I am anti nazi not only as profession but I do combat the Stormfront / 14/88
propaganda on Internet and in real life, including Serbian neonazis and clerofascists, KKK or other kind of supermacist.

So, human and earthling first.

And I do know Serbs have deserved a lot of bad PR for bloodshed in Bosnian war. It was commited by Bosnian Serbs (a side in war) not me (was to young and its against my beliefs) or regular army of Serbia. Now, when you think of Serbs, think far then civic wars: Nikola Tesla, Novak Djokovic, Vlade Divac, Zoran Djindjic, Ivo Andric, Rade Serbedzija, Emir Kusturica, Milla Jovovich, Goran Bregovic, Milan Panic, Dejan Bodiroga, Monika Seles, Dejan Stankovic, Milutin Milankovic, Ivan Klajn, Mileva Einstein, Daniel Nestor, Branko Milanovic ... and many many noble and nice contributors to humanity and not only murderers and haters. They exist in every nation.

But in this CUSA peculiar case, I am interested what makes me a nazi?

vox 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 18:55:06
#56 ]
Elite Member

@Manu

There should be some written and unwritten law how bussines conduct,
unless they are a fraud. Sad I am 15 years late, and sad its repeating over and over again.

Wizzard_o 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 18:56:09
#57 ]
Cult Member
From: UK, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Alpha Quadrant, The Milky-Way, Universe. 1.1.1.3.44.HP

I am sick and tired of PC promoters constantly on the offensive against OS 4 and it's related hardware.

The PC C= USA are re-badging has absolutely NOTHING to do with Genuine Amiga's (That's Computers capable of running Amiga OS1.x to Amiga OS4.x NATIVELY by the way...)

I guess I’ll be branded a delusional fan-boy because I don’t share Barry's 'Vision'... A tacky all in one PC (that someone else built) running a version of Linux hacked about to look the OS3.x and insultingly named 'Workbench 5'!

number6 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 19:10:09
#58 ]
Elite Member

@vox

Quote:
This is sarcasm and irony

You are free to draw any conclusion you wish.

The fact remains, though, that something dramatically changed after this contact you think is imagined or mistated.

Amiga Inc. put the Amiga into the hands of Pluritas.

I can see where it would be very difficult to deal with one entity, while another still had control of agreements. But maybe that's just me.

amigappc 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 19:15:38
#59 ]

@all

I did not bothered to read all comments on this subject but....

My opinion on subject is that everyone has right to talk and defend their reasons or products as long it does not include insulting other users or other systems.

Thank you.

vox 
Posted on 4-Feb-2011 19:20:55
#60 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:
@number 6

What I posted is by no means detail of their proposal.
But the wording makes it quite clear that they spoke about their cases being available for use by others.

Thanks number six. Well, as much as I remember, CUSA still promises free sale of cases in their FAQ. However, this are ordinary PC designs already availiable on sale, without any need for CUSA so it might be about future A1200 redesignes and such, what people really desired for SAMs long time ago as "Dream Amiga"

9. Can I buy the cases separately and put in whatever motherboard I want?
Yes, all cases will be available separately without motherboard. The only exception is the Phoenix barebones system which must utilize its own custom sized motherboard.

Depends on board form factor, it might fit SAM board or such. However, current cases have nothing to do with Dream Amiga. Will see will they keep the promise once A1200 like systems is out (ET 2012)

If they drop that promise, we know "they don`t really care about us".

Since I don`t like that much Michael Jackson, I recommend Marley`s children
and Mark Myrie (Buju Banton) since Marleysday is coming this weekend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCbDq4ia2Q8

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle