Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 141 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Hypex

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  23 secs ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 amigasociety:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 18 mins ago
 billt:  3 hrs 21 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 21 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 32 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 49 mins ago
 Matt3k:  5 hrs 5 mins ago
 OlafS25:  5 hrs 15 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Why was AmigaOS 4.X developed only for PowerPC?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
PosterThread
OlafS25 
Re: Why was AmigaOS 4.X developed only for PowerPC?
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 9:17:22
#261 ]
Elite Member

@agami

forget it better... not react to him

Profile     Report this post  
Yssing 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 9:55:48
#262 ]

@cdimauro

No one claimed you to be the reincarnation of Shakespeare.

But seriously, when you stoop to criticizing some ones spelling, well then you just lost any sympathy from my side and probably also other readers.
I rarely see any positive comments from you and it is getting really tiring.

tlosm 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 10:41:00
#263 ]
Elite Member

@Yssing

Quote:

+1

from when he left the italian amiganews we are living there in totally pace and love ...

PS: cdimauro i learn english at school 22 years ago and belive me i know english better than some teachers here ... but never say my english is good , the important for me is that ... people understand my thinks and it is sufficient for me (i hope)

Last edited by tlosm on 17-Dec-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Dec-2015 at 10:41 AM.

MacBook Pro Retina I7 2.3ghz;
#nomorea-eoninmyhome

Massi 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 11:12:55
#264 ]
Cult Member

@tlosm

Your exorcism really made my day, thank you so much!
He must have been possessed that is why he sometimes talks to us using ancient languages (the old latin AD HOMINEM).

Cesare, I am joking, don' t get angry.

tlosm 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 11:39:44
#265 ]
Elite Member

@Massi

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

TRIPOS 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 12:23:20
#266 ]

@Yssing

Quote:

Yssing wrote:

But seriously, when you stoop to criticizing some ones spelling, well then you just lost any sympathy from my side and probably also other readers.

But come on, he lost your sympathy a long time ago, back when he first expressed a view that went against your own personal view regarding €3000 underperforming PPC systems from AeonKit, right...? At the same time, he became a "troll" as well,right?

Quote:

Ah, there it happened, there you played the "positivity" card again. Bound to happen sooner or later in any discussion based on facts and educated knowledge that isn't going in the direction where a future based on €3000 PPC systems from AeonKit is the answer. "You aren't positive!" Kind of predictable by now, follows the pattern perfectly.

pavlor 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 12:28:13
#267 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

This thread wouldn´t be complete without your input, thanks!

OlafS25 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 12:35:09
#268 ]
Elite Member

@pavlor

LOL

TRIPOS 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 13:43:06
#269 ]

@pavlor

Glad to be of service!

Question is, am I wrong?

In this thread, cdimauro is one of a few (the only one?) who has posted, real, educated, factual and somewhat intellectual posts of the issues discussed. The replies he got was a mixture of dreams, ignorance, fairy tales and cluelessness. We have seen the same pattern for at least a decade and a half, it's always the same, and at some point, when arguments run out, when it becomes obvious that facts and the cold reality simply can't be held back by ignorance and rose-tinted dreams and sheer "positivity", the "troll"/"negativity" posts starts to come, the ridiculing of the messenger, where some people (always the same kind of people) join forces to mock, ridicule, throw accusations of trolling, of negativity, yada, yada, etc, etc. And pressing the "Stasi" (Report) Button, of course...

OlafS25 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 14:04:22
#270 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

only germans can press that button

cdimauro has the habbit to lecture other people and show them how superior he is. Besides that I cannot remember him contributing anything except talk lecturing and being called stupid or ignorant is something people do not like

pavlor 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 14:09:33
#271 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

Quote:
In this thread, cdimauro is one of a few (the only one?) who has posted, real, educated, factual and somewhat intellectual posts of the issues discussed.

Great praise, indeed...

cdimauro 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 17:05:47
#272 ]
Elite Member

@agami

Quote:

agami wrote:
@cdimauro
And now you are insulting my skills. Is that really necessary?

Is it really necessary to make the victim without any reason? Arguments are running low...

I never insulted you, unless you want to redefine the meaning of the word. But you are free to quote me an prove that I've insulted you, dictionary at the hand.

Regarding your skills, well, you talked so generically of them, that only you know what really they are. So, can you elaborate a bit more, producing some concrete data?

What I can say is that, looking at what you've written 'til now, you know some IT stuff, but you aren't a computer scientist, since you luck proper knowledge and carefully avoid to go deep into technical stuff.

And I've to say that I'm not the only one which has this opinion, since time ago megol pointed-out similar things when you discussed of GUI. Do you remember, or should I make a quick search and give you the thread's link?

Internet is full of people which discusses of computer science things, and at a first look seems to have knowledge and skills on the topic, but then comes the guy that tlosm talked about : the devil. Yes, because the devil is in the details, like a proverb says.

Once the discussion takes deeper and deeper on the technical details side, such experts suddenly disappear or reply with some rhetorical statements that look like: "I cannot prove it, but it's possible! One time this will be proven". Religion? Believing in some god? Yes: it's the same stuff.

Which is more or less what happened in this thread. In fact, the only thing that I can see is the systematical absence of technical details on how to proceed with such ideas.

So, unless someone comes and addresses the raised issues, I'm very sorry, but I won't change my opinion.

I want to point-out that this has nothing to do with you. I've nothing personal against you! It was (because it's not anymore) a technical discussion with you, and as you can see I'm perfectly able to sustain it without insulting you.
Quote:
Quote:
That's a rhetorical story which means nothing. It's like stating that escaping from a black hole is not possible only because there wasn't a genius 'til now which realized how to do it.

1) I'm sure you meant anecdote. And this is more than just saying "My grandpa smoked a pack of cigarettes a day and lived until 102 so smoking can't be bad for you". With the amount of examples available in computing it forms a statistic supported by historical data.
2) I can't believe you took a computing hardware and software project which mixes components with big and little endianness, and asymmetric and asynchronous 32bit and 64bit microprocessors, and equated it to an extreme cosmological phenomenon.
There's nothing there that hasn't already been confronted and solved by other companies over the past 10-20 years. And you compare that to the limits of scientific understanding?

Relax. It was just an Hyperbole, and doesn't have to be strictly related to the same field of knowledge.

But if you are so sure that there's nothing which isn't solved, like your last statement reported, why don't you provide a concrete, technical solution to the issues which we were discussing about?
Quote:
Next thing you'll tell me you know exactly how a black hole works and what happens to baryonic matter when it passes the event horizon.
BTW some things do escape the massive gravity of a black hole. X-rays (at the poles) and information.

Nothing can escape from the gravity of the black hole, once it passed the event horizon. What you've reported is the behavior the matter which is being swallowed by the monster, but it hasn't yet traversed the event.

And no, it's something which doesn't come from me: you can ask a physicist.

Regarding the information escape, I don't know what are you talking about. If you have a link to some resource which explains it, I'll appreciate.

@Yssing

Quote:

Yssing wrote:
@cdimauro

No one claimed you to be the reincarnation of Shakespeare.

Nothing happens without a reason, dear friend.

Take a look at this thread from the very beginning, and you can see how just at page 2 it was transformed by a fanatic which told me that I'm liar, with the usual BAF (which from now on I'll call BAT, with good reasons) with it's 7 dioptre lens that immediately took the chance and fraternized.

This thread (and not only this, unfortunately) is full of these episodes, and ignoring everything but only looking at my latest comments to put me on the cross gives me the impression that you're A BIT biased...

@tlosm

Quote:

tlosm wrote:
@Yssing

Quote:

+1

from when he left the italian amiganews we are living there in totally pace and love ...

I left all Italians forums, not only your, because they are full of trolls which spent all the time attacking me, with the precious support of fascists moderators.

It made no sense to continue wasting my time there, but I agree with you for one thing: I got some peace.
Quote:
PS: cdimauro i learn english at school 22 years ago and belive me i know english better than some teachers here ... but never say my english is good , the important for me is that ... people understand my thinks and it is sufficient for me (i hope)

But that's the problem: it's difficult to understand you! Is it asking too much to better elaborate your statements before posting here?

@OlafS25

Quote:

OlafS25 wrote:

cdimauro has the habbit to lecture other people and show them how superior he is.

In this case you should have plenty of material to report, right? Go, and quote me!
Quote:
Besides that I cannot remember him contributing anything

What an immense lie: you have the nerve! Have you forgot all the posts on YOUR forum ( amigacoding.de ) regarding FGPAs and 68Ks?

And my suggestions to improve the graphic, coding, and testing, of the 68K game which is being developed, in one of the last threads here?

You don't know what the dignity is, Olaf.
Quote:
except talk lecturing and being called stupid or ignorant is something people do not like

Then you're invited to quote me and prove your words, or you are a liar.

Do you know what really happened, Olaf? I was OK for you when I've contributed to the FPGAs/68K projects, and when I criticized some PowerPC/OS4 stuff.

But once I raised some critic to the 68K too, and shown the logical inconsistencies of some positions that you've written, then you completely changed your mind, and became like your BAT friend.

Your posts clearly show that you're still burning for it, and you took the chances to puke what's still on you stomach. What a man!

@TRIPOS: you've perfectly reported what happens/ed. I fully agree with every single word.

@Massi: no problems!

Now would be nice to continue with some technical stuff. If there's any, since, from several comments, it's systematically missing...

tlosm 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 17:43:33
#273 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

Quote:

But that's the problem: it's difficult to understand you! Is it asking too much to better elaborate your statements before posting here?

No ... you are a superior mind ... you can elaborate and understand
LOL

Quote:
I left all Italians forums, not only your, because they are full of trolls which spent all the time attacking me, with the precious support of fascists moderators.

It made no sense to continue wasting my time there, but I agree with you for one thing: I got some peace.

Wonderful hear from you that one website with only 5000 user registered is full of trolls included moderators and only one ... you ... isnt a troll.
I write again ... strange now without your posting we are living in pace and love ..

@TRIPOS
Quote:
in this thread, cdimauro is one of a few (the only one?) who has posted, real, educated, factual and somewhat intellectual posts of the issues discussed.

only because all of us are not educated, factual and intellectual ... he is a superior mind , like is the devil one!

ok is time to make again an exorcism here !!!
"infernal creature exit from him... EXIT FROM HIM! ... exit from that body ... left his soul for god!
Tripos attention please! The devil will take simple your soul too ... dont follow the devil one ... come with us in the light of the boing ball!

Lol

Last edited by tlosm on 17-Dec-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Dec-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Dec-2015 at 05:44 PM.

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

cdimauro 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 17:55:05
#274 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm: now that you're so in peace there, why don't you stop trolling here, and go back in your nice forum?

I'm not there anymore, so it should be a paradise, right? Don't make your bad your blood.

OK, is it too much asking to go back discussing some technical stuff?

tlosm 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 18:05:24
#275 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

Quote:
OK, is it too much asking to go back discussing some technical stuff?

ok lets start again your monologue .

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

Massi 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 19:40:50
#276 ]
Cult Member

@All

I think PowerPC was a sort of natural successor to M68K, when all were going RISC.

Was it a bad choice at its time? BeOS also used PPC (before the switch to Intel). PPC is still well supported by various Linux.

saimon69 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 19:48:43
#277 ]

@Massi

I think the real elephant in the room here is that another migration is needed in the short term, and that lack of manpower, legal obstacles and emotional answers from the audience prevents to do that;

Last edited by saimon69 on 17-Dec-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Signal 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 20:39:59
#278 ]
Cult Member

@saimon69

Quote:

saimon69 wrote:
................ and emotional answers from the audience prevents to do that;

Last I heard work was on going to convert assembler and some other stuff to C so the OS could be more portable.

(There is also work in the Linux world to convert much of the X86 asm code to C.)

Not small projects, and it does not make good sense to jump to another chip until this is done, and PPC is not going away for awhile yet.

OOPS! Forgot the emotional part

That's it man........we're all dead man........Game Over man.

iggy 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 20:52:05
#279 ]

@cdimauro

Everyone seems to be on the same page except for Hyperion.
AROS is already using X86, and MorphOS' eventual shift to X64 has been announced.

I, because I am already using a PPC system, have no problem supporting and recommeding PPC systems because they work (for our current OS').
But as I don't see a future past the two 64 bit cores that Freescale offers, we will have to change ISAs eventually.

While the X5000 is over priced, at $2100 it is a better buy than the X1000 was.
And, in light of Tabor's low specs, I may just have to buy an X5000 as my last PPC based system.

btw - was today "beat up on cdimauro day" or what?

Last edited by iggy on 17-Dec-2015 at 08:55 PM.

tlosm 
Posted on 17-Dec-2015 21:00:29
#280 ]
Elite Member

@Massi

Exactly it was ... And Beos was claimed at that time the AmigaOS replacment when amiga goes to powerpc 1997-1998 ... but something was change ...
Any way if PowerPc G5 was developed as 8 core at 3.5 ghz (like Xbox 360 ghz)...

Last edited by tlosm on 17-Dec-2015 at 09:01 PM.

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle