Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
24 crawler(s) on-line.
 153 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

saimo

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 saimo:  41 secs ago
 Gunnar:  8 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  10 mins ago
 amigakit:  16 mins ago
 OldFart:  16 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  35 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Hyperion restored to Belgium's company register
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
number6 
Re: Hyperion forcibly deleted from Belgium's company register
Posted on 6-May-2018 13:34:28
#81 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

Would you be so kind as to supply a link to information which illustrates what you are intimating here? I don't think everyone here follows this particular aspect as closely as you do.

Profile     Report this post  
kolla 
Posted on 6-May-2018 14:19:49
#82 ]
Elite Member

@number6

What kind of links do you want?

Source of distribution torrent: https://apolloos.weebly.com

Support forum hosted on the official Apollo Core site:
http://www.apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b=9

A late example of the lead apollo core developer using it as "the supported system":
http://www.apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b=5¬e=14883&z=7cls3M

It is a blend of OS3.9 (which has plenty of OS3.1 components) and all kinds of updates and patches from various sources.

ne_one 
Posted on 6-May-2018 17:08:16
#83 ]
Cult Member

@kolla

Quote:
How does a company with close to no activity manage to build up dept of 40,000 euros per year?

Interest and basic operating expenses.

Cheese 
Posted on 6-May-2018 19:03:20
#84 ]

@ne_one

Quote:
Interest and basic operating expenses.

aka Ben's mortgage

"Delving into the past can be a dangerous exercise." -hyperionmp

"I've been a supporter of "REACTION" GUI because is an Amiga OS thing." -Snuffy

"I personally prefer a vision of do'ers and makers rather than

TRIPOS 
Posted on 6-May-2018 19:41:23
#85 ]

Ben Hermans said:

Quote:
misuse of their platforms for personal gain.

Raffaele 
Posted on 7-May-2018 7:04:27
#86 ]

@HyperionHolding

Quote:

HyperionHolding wrote:
@Raffaele

As founder and largest shareholder, this is NOT AT ALL a scenario that is being considered.

If you use this as an excuse to raise money which will not be refunded, this would be in very bad faith.

Whilst this my personal opinion, I am confident that the other shareholders agree with this.

In general (not specifically directed at Raffaele) in my opinion some of these "crowdfunding" sites are way too lax on combatting misuse of their platforms for personal gain.

Yes. I think you are correct.

Right in these days I am experiencing troubles closing a Bounty I created in 2016 on Bountysource site about resolving OWB Javascript Endianess Issues.

I just collected for Easter 2018 last 50 dollars needed to reach 500 Dollars rooftop sum in order to pay Tobias Netzel for the 2016 as long as he was he first proposing a solution.

Actually I was about to donate these last 50 bucks I saved last year, when I found there is no more button for assigning money.

So I stopped my final donation and contacted Bountysource team on Twitter asking what to do.

It seems that only way to pay Netzel is that Tobias himself should claim money of the bounty, directly to Bountysource site. I must close the bounty and then Tobias again should fill for a complaint & refund request.
I should also contact all donors to be sure they will grant again the money after I close the Bounty.

It seems an ugly mess to me.

I am trying to contact Tobias Netzel by mail or thru message on Github site and Bountysource site itself but I received no answers.

450 dollars are still pending on the Bounty.

50 dollars are still in my pockets and I will donate it directly by Paypal.

I find strange Bountysource procedures now, so I prefer to pay directly last amount of money to the programmer who solved the issue.

By the way, this annoying problem that I can't assign directly money, is a lucky chance, so money can be claimed by the person who really solved Javascript Endianess Issues in OWB Browser.

Question to community:

1) Do you think Money is to be assigned to Tobias Netzel who right in 2016 provided as a solution of the issue his source code of his Javascript for MacOS PPC Safari?

(But it seems this code was never used by Amiga developers. So it is not fair to give Netzel all the cash if someone else resolved the issue)

2) Money should be assigned to Joakim Nordstrom who in 2017 posted his version of Javascript to OWB Github project on the pages of Deadwood?

(However I don't know if Deadwood ever used Joakim code...)

3) Money should be granted to Deadwood who seems solved all issues in his latest OWB releases?

(Or so it seems, as long I read this sunday, in this thread:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=42582&forum=32

that all things are functioning now)

Please answer this question and I will contact the coder who deserve the money (Netzel, Nordstrom or Deadwood) asking the real person who solved the issue, to claim the prize of the Bounty.

Last edited by Raffaele on 07-May-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Amigo1 
Posted on 7-May-2018 7:43:20
#87 ]

@Raffaele

I think the effort is directed to "our" platform, hence IMHO it should go to Deadwood.
If the code of the other devs is used, it should be split between them and the developer who integrates it in a Browser for our platform.

Maybe you should ask this question in another (its own) thread to give it more visibility.

Amigo1 
Posted on 7-May-2018 7:43:56
#88 ]

@umisef

Nice to see You around again!

Amigo1 
Posted on 7-May-2018 8:03:05
#89 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:

NutsAboutAmiga wrote:
@HyperionHolding

"Either way an extra 40,000 Euros a year debt year on year is awful!!"

There are probably people making more money on patron then Hyperion is losing per year.

40,000 / 12 = 3333,33 EURO
3333.33/ 500 users = 70 EURO a month in support.
3333.33/ 1000 users = 34 EURO a month in support.

Anyway the question remains if Hyperion only going use that money to payback dept's. The don't see how OS can progress.

As Patron support I wont more information on what Hyperion is working on, what they how things is progressing, not this silent Hyperion we have seen to now.

"monthly reports."

Haha, funny the other day at lunch a similar thought went trough my mind too.

Imagine the remaining members of the community (how many are we, 500, 1000?) would be willing to donate 1€ a day to a pot intended to contribute something to the developers (instead of spending it in a bag of chips, coffee, a useless drive to the mall, whatever comes to your mind..).
And if the entire amount could be split without detraction between 10 developers at the end of the month, it would be a contribution of 1500€ each per month to boost their motivation.

I'd say it does sound 1500 times better than no money at all (what I suppose is the case right now).

edit: smilies

Last edited by Amigo1 on 07-May-2018 at 08:05 AM.

OlafS25 
Posted on 7-May-2018 8:22:48
#90 ]
Elite Member

@number6

he is enemy nr. 1 of the project

but not selling his vampire card(s)

kolla 
Posted on 7-May-2018 17:16:11
#91 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

Quote:

he is enemy nr. 1 of the project

Flattering. Is there a ranking list?

Which project btw, Vampire, Apollo Core, or ApolloOS/Coffin? Or are you suggesting that they somehow all are "the project"? If so, thank you for your support.

Quote:

but not selling his vampire card(s)

Of course not, why are people so keen on having me sell them?

As I have said since forever, I hope as many vampire cards as possible are sold, as it puts a certain pressure on "the team" to do things properly.

How would you feel if at some point, certain entities find that enough is enough, and decide to take legal actions? Who exactly do you think will end up taking the blow?

Last edited by kolla on 07-May-2018 at 05:21 PM.

number6 
Posted on 24-Jul-2018 17:48:53
#92 ]
Elite Member

@SimplePPC

Quote:
2017 is much more important, but if it is required this will happen too.

I'm guessing it is more than required given the DECLARATION of Esther Goldschmidt.

entry 19

cmsj 
Posted on 25-Jul-2018 10:21:26
#93 ]

Perhaps when the accounts are sorted out and Hyperion is allowed to operate again, it would be smart to work with Zoltan to get Qemu emulation of the sam460ex in even better shape, and release an official emulator for 4.1 (see http://zero.eik.bme.hu/~balaton/qemu/amiga/ ).

Priced well, that would probably attract quite a bit of interest, which might also lead to more sales of 4.1 via X5000/A1222 machines (also presumably being allowed to operate again would mean that 4.1 for the A1222 could actually be released so those machines can be sold at all!)

Edit: at the very least, it would be helpful to be able to buy the 460ex ISO digitally - physical copies are hard to find.

Last edited by cmsj on 25-Jul-2018 at 10:23 AM.

TRIPOS 
Posted on 25-Jul-2018 11:06:34
#94 ]

@cmsj

Hyperion being banned from business is not what is stopping OS4 development, Hyperion has happily defied that order all along and has both marketed new products as well as initiated all kinds of judicial affairs. The state of OS4 has other explanations...

BTW, a few years ago Cloanto sold a special version of Amiga Forever with OS4 for PowerUP. It was most certainly the most sold OS4 product ever, but Hyperion screwed them over (as they do with eveyone) so that product was killed. Everything coming in contact with Hyperion has a habit of dying.

pavlor 
Posted on 25-Jul-2018 15:58:46
#95 ]
Elite Member

@cmsj

OS4 works under WinUAE with QEMU CPU core for nearly 4 years. Plain QEMU may introduce some good features (like USB support or even usage of the host GFX card in the far future), but one can´t expect miracles - CPU emulation will be not faster, unless someone capable enough writes better emulator (unlikely).

K-L 
Posted on 25-Jul-2018 17:20:29
#96 ]

@pavlor

USB support is working for masstorage.

SimplePPC 
Posted on 26-Jul-2018 7:50:50
#97 ]

@cmsj

Quote:

cmsj wrote:
Perhaps when the accounts are sorted out and Hyperion is allowed to operate again, it would be smart to work with Zoltan to get Qemu emulation of the sam460ex in even better shape, and release an official emulator for 4.1 (see http://zero.eik.bme.hu/~balaton/qemu/amiga/ ).

Priced well, that would probably attract quite a bit of interest, which might also lead to more sales of 4.1 via X5000/A1222 machines (also presumably being allowed to operate again would mean that 4.1 for the A1222 could actually be released so those machines can be sold at all!)

Edit: at the very least, it would be helpful to be able to buy the 460ex ISO digitally - physical copies are hard to find.

Why would you think i did not have any contact yet ? Just ask Zoltan :)

Anyway i wouldn't know why physical copies would be hard to find, almost all dealers stock AmigaOS4, so all you gotta do is ask ? :)

number6 
Posted on 4-Aug-2018 13:48:00
#98 ]
Elite Member

@SimplePPC

Re: My post #92 above

2017 filed July 31, 2018 and appearing today on the Central Balance Sheet of the National Bank of Belgium.

For those interested parties:
https://t.co/FbI1kMIoXe

Enter business # for Hyperion: 0466.380.552

Rob 
Posted on 4-Aug-2018 16:23:34
#99 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

Quote:
BTW, a few years ago Cloanto sold a special version of Amiga Forever with OS4 for PowerUP. It was most certainly the most sold OS4 product ever, but Hyperion screwed them over (as they do with eveyone) so that product was killed. Everything coming in contact with Hyperion has a habit of dying.

Matt always said that OS4 Classic was the biggest seller for him and that's why he pushed for 4.1 Classic. Do you have any figures to support your assertion that 4.1 bundled with Amiga Forever outsold copies of 4.1 available through other channels?
You also seem to forget that bundling AF with 4.1 netted Cloanto sales they probably wouldn't have, it's not just the one way street you perceive it to be.

It's also worth remembering Hyperion licensed hardware 3.1 ROM production to AmigaKit and soft ROMs to Individual Computers long before Cloanto got in on the act with their Classic Support products. There was already overlap in their products before Hyperion offered digital Workbench sets.

By the way, have you seen what you get bundled with the new Budha IDE card? You've for got to ask yourself why Jens seems to be confident dealing with Hyperion and why he didn't work with Cloanto instead. That's not say that Cloanto are bad company just that working with Hyperion was a better fit for Jens' products.

amigakit 
Posted on 4-Aug-2018 17:20:55
#100 ]
Amiga Kit

@Rob

Quote:
Matt always said that OS4 Classic was the biggest seller for him and that's why he pushed for 4.1 Classic

Indeed, and in 2011 Amiga Kit funded the development of Classic Kernel for 4.1 to get the product to market. Hyperion told us at the time that it would not have had happened if we did not do this. In return for this we were given an exclusive 10 year contract until 2021 to manufacture, distribute and resell 4.1 Classic. It was quite a shock to us and our customers when 4.1 Classic FE suddenly appeared out of the blue at the end of 2014.

Last edited by amigakit on 04-Aug-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle