Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
6 crawler(s) on-line.
 96 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  34 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  51 mins ago
 RobertB:  53 mins ago
 cip060:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 sibbi:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 blmara:  2 hrs 11 mins ago
 Karlos:  2 hrs 11 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 35 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 12 mins ago
 pavlor:  3 hrs 43 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Alt Amiga OS
      /  [Poll] Should CUSA posts and promotions be allowed at AW.net now and in the future?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think we should do with CUSA posts?
Let them be all the time .... CUSA has Amiga name, I like it and other reasons
It should be discussed after the product is realised
It shouldn`t be promoted at all at AW.net
Every user that promotes it against other Amigas should get abuse points

PosterThread
Arko 
Re: [Poll] Should CUSA posts and promotions be allowed at AW.net now and in the future?
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 10:57:20
#261 ]

@BillE

Quote:

BillE wrote:

Obviously this CUSA garbage is ...

If CUSA is garbage, it will be easy to compete with them. So there should be no danger for any other plattform represnted here.

Last edited by Arko on 07-Feb-2011 at 11:07 AM.

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

Profile     Report this post  
Anonymous 
Re: [Poll] Should CUSA posts and promotions be allowed at AW.net now and in the future?
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 11:01:57
# ]

@DAX

Quote:
And that's what I was talking about earlier, order 10.000 QorlQ 60X0 CPUs and build 10.000 competitively priced Amiga-5000. You will sell all of them way earlier and easier than Cusa's planned machines.

You're confusing reality with fantasy.

"Earlier and easier" than boxing up some off-the-shelf PC parts? This is before the machine that you propose it replaces has even been launched.

Chris

Last edited by clebin on 07-Feb-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Report this post  
vox 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 11:32:12
#263 ]
Elite Member

@CUSA fanboys

My last words are copy paste from CUSA website
http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_Vision.aspx

We call upon all those with fond memories of the Commodore and AMIGA brands, that are sick of the status quo in the current computing landscape, to join us in rekindling the magic that was Commodore and recreating a legend. With your help in spreading the word, your evangelism, your suggestions and your support, we hope to take the fight back to Apple, and to take on the ubiquitous PC vendors of the world, like Dell. It is time for a revolution against the ordinary. Think different, be different. Don't follow the herd. Exclaim, I'm not a PC. I'm not a Mac. I'm a Commodore! I'm an AMIGA!

----
Well unfortunately, (another) big time lie, since it is just a PC.

Hammer 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 11:35:59
#264 ]
Elite Member

@DAX

Quote:

On the other hand Linux lovers won't buy Cusa computers (as is today) because they prefer other stuff, Windows and Mac unsuspecting ex A500 owners won't either, as these mainly considered Amiga as a game machine and nothing else (and without PS3 like line-up you better forget about them) and finally you won't sell many to the Hardcore aficionados here or at Amiga.org (or anywhere else).

C=USA's C64x targets retro C= 8bit audience.

linnar 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 11:37:32
#265 ]
Cult Member

Here is one who met and talked to Barry (Commodore) at his home:
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56384

Last edited by linnar on 07-Feb-2011 at 11:37 AM.

eXec 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 11:50:10
#266 ]
Cult Member

@vox

Quote:
My last words are copy paste from CUSA website http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_Vision.aspx We call upon all those with fond memories of the Commodore and AMIGA brands, that are sick of the status quo in the current computing landscape, to join us in rekindling the magic that was Commodore and recreating a legend. With your help in spreading the word, your evangelism, your suggestions and your support, we hope to take the fight back to Apple, and to take on the ubiquitous PC vendors of the world, like Dell. It is time for a revolution against the ordinary. Think different, be different. Don't follow the herd. Exclaim, I'm not a PC. I'm not a Mac. I'm a Commodore! I'm an AMIGA! ---- Well unfortunately, (another) big time lie, since it is just a PC.

Your conclusions are making me crying... Can`t wait to see how time will show the difference...

linnar 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 11:54:48
#267 ]
Cult Member

A little cut from the conversation:
Commodore USA is currently a licensee for the Commodore and Amiga name, the intention is to own these companies outright one day and to be a publicly traded company on a major exchange.

Barry founded Cabletech, which was an extremely successful company.

Barry’s history with Homecraft, LLC was also discussed. Barry was retired when he got an idea for a specific type of furniture, the result was another highly successful company.

Barry is a former Commodore 64 and Amiga/Video Toaster user. Commodore 64 computers were even in use at Cabletech, as this picture shows.

Thousands of emails were shown. Website feedback emails number in the thousands, mostly positive or neutral. Email correspondence with a very, very major media company was shown. Commercials and print ads were shown as were additional commercial concepts. Co-branding was discussed as was product placement.

There is real money being put into developing this product, costs are in the 6 figures for the case and keyboard alone.

CUSA did contact A-Eon and determined the X1000/OS4 product is nowhere near completion. CUSA wants product on the shelf this year, not at some undetermined year in the future if at all.

vox 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 11:55:45
#268 ]
Elite Member

@Arko

Quote:

Arko wrote:
@eliyahu

[quote]

Could you provide at least three links proofing CUSA trolling here ?

I got the impressions as if most trollings where caused by AOS4 fan(atics), one of them was irrationally so upset against CUSA, that he announced not to buy his Nemo board.

This will be really my last post, just because of yours self denial, a dangerous
mechanism in psychology. Don`t pretend you don`t see it.

You Tube spamming that CUSA is only real Amiga out there - on Amiga videos -*Classic, MOS, AROS and OS4!
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=33158&forum=4

Claims of computer "racist" superiority over all (like in CUSA vision they will blow away Dell, but this is for Amigans) and some kind of weird connection that just dont exist (rewrite of Amiga history):

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=33152&forum=28&start=160&viewmode=flat&order=0#599912

linnar wrote:
Respect each other's opinions!

My opinion is that the new Commodore is the true inheritor of the old Commodore Amiga and their is a straight continuation of the classic Amiga. Workbench5 is a natural continuation of OS3.9.
Everything else is the clones!
Therefore, I think the Commodore shall have their natural place here on the forum.
If any year, the majority of Amiga users use the Commodore Amiga anyway.

exec`s statement that OS 4.1 is not continuation of OS 3 (at AW.net in previous threads - he was warned by moderator)

Dreams of taking over the world which can be percieved as join us or die ( @linnar Later, the Commodore buy AmigaInc. Then take the AmigaOS, etc...... I hope so... and most likely that is 99.9% sure!)

Visions of bright future of more trolling after US is hit by some well paid "Its Amiga again" commercial. Some kind of overflooding the AW.net
"we both know there is going to be a huge thread started on here once those TV commercials hit the air. If not two or three threads, I doubt it will be contained to a single thread. At that point in time, what good was it to start this thread in the first place? "

Even threats to AW.net and Amiga.org that they use CUSA copyrights (even CUSA doesn`t have Amiga Inc now and God save the sites if they do as they troll around)

I would call it "Sell out not even for a case design by those who know much so they could stab you best." Just like when you are getting devorced or braking the relationship.

And best is call upon democracy and community after so much spiting and excercising "Computer superiorism" that I am a nazi just because I want public poll to end that at least here. Can`t touch their forums, but they can troll us to death.

That is just user trolling.
I just don`t want to waste more time and life on this. There is plenty of evidence.

But, again and again and again, major charade and fraud is commited by the main company that will continue to produce trolls, as it does now..

CUSA website (especialy previous one, but also this redisigned new one) that presents that Commodore is back, while we all know its dead. Also presents renders instead of real models (non existing yet) as products, their non existing non specified OS as Workbench, and even other peoples designs as CUSA future models.
This is just rebrand. Almost everything would fall to false advertising in EU
alongside massive copyright breaches. Such companies should be stripped of licence to do bussines ever, and owners should pay huge fines and at list do some prison time. If this is not cybercrime presented as legal bussines, tell me what it is? But I can`t touch US laws which also allow registred nazi party and KKK under freedom of speech banner.

Again, Nah with em NOW and EVER. Even if they buy Hyperion, just because the way they done it. To me the goal does not justify the evil means, lies and fake propaganda
FC Apatride Utd - Nah With'Em Video HD 2010 (Firing The Truth).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AfUqDF8cMk

terminills 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 11:58:04
#269 ]
AROS Core Developer

I need more popcorn ...

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

eXec 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 12:05:04
#270 ]
Cult Member

@BillE

Quote:

BillE wrote:
@damocles

It would be a good idea to have links people can actually access. Obviously this CUSA garbage is so secret you have to register/login to some website to look at the pictures.

And beside that CUSA "garbage", the other +2000¤ "garbage" isn`t available even for
the beta testers... "...available late 2010" But I assume that is normal and allowed to
happen.

BillE 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 12:20:12
#271 ]

@eXec

At least the other products will be of some interest and run Amiga OS, CUSA's offerings are just rebadged PCs running Linux.

Of course this still does not explain why the images were linked to a site that people cannot access without the hassle of registering. A pity, I wanted to see them, I could do with a good laugh.

T-J 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 12:24:46
#272 ]
Cult Member

edit - Never mind. It was just a recap of all the lies Barry's told us and why we shouldn't trust him.

I think instead I'll just throw a comparison in for us all to think about :

CommodoreUSACTO on 'commodore-amiga.org' said:

Quote:
The Amiga will become a boutique high-end workstation/gaming PC.
A luxury personal computer. A Mercedes not a Toyota.
A most desirable computer, the top end model perhaps providing super-computer performance.

Carl Sassenrath said:

Quote:
The Amiga is a computer system that enables millions of creative people at a low cost of ownership.

Last edited by T-J on 07-Feb-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 07-Feb-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 12:33:29
# ]

@vox

There's no such thing as "computer racist", FFS. Take some time to think what racism and fascism really represent, compared to your favourite plastic toys.

Quote:
"Evil means".... "propaganda" ...."But I can`t touch US laws which also allow registred nazi party and KKK under freedom of speech banner"

People are trolling because you and others are so easily driven to making fools of yourselves.

Chris

Last edited by clebin on 07-Feb-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Report this post  
-Sam- 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 12:36:59
#274 ]
Elite Member

@vox

:=)

'Think different'.

Comical.

ruben 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 12:47:41
#275 ]

@T-J

Interesting. It seems Carl Sassenrath's thought is more in line with what Bill Buck frequently talks about in his blog.

T-J 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 12:48:44
#276 ]
Cult Member

@ruben

I'm still quite new around here. Who's Bill Buck?

edit - Google is good for something at least - its the Genesi guy. I never paid them much attention, though. By the time I came along they'd left PPC and MOS in favour of ARM.

Last edited by T-J on 07-Feb-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 07-Feb-2011 at 12:48 PM.

ruben 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 12:58:47
#277 ]

@T-J

Founder of Genesi (Pegasos and Efika boards). His blog is this.

damocles 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 13:42:17
#278 ]

@BillE

Quote:
It would be a good idea to have links people can actually access. Obviously this CUSA garbage is so secret you have to register/login to some website to look at the pictures.

Links from amiga.org not working? Try http://www.amiga.org/forums/album.php?albumid=116 which has multiple images from Barry's cabletech hardware, C64x, and Vic series, plus Moochie.

Arko 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 13:49:26
#279 ]

@vox

Quote:

vox wrote:
@Arko

Quote:

Arko wrote:
@eliyahu

[quote]

Could you provide at least three links proofing CUSA trolling here ?

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=33158&forum=4

1. This was not here
2. You don't know if it was from CUSA

And you posting in this forum with possibly wrong suspicions could be counted as slander or even as trolling.

Quote:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=33152&forum=28&start=160&viewmode=flat&order=0#599912

linnar wrote:

1. someone asking for respect of Opinon is not trolling
2. Linnar is not a CUSA member.
Respect each other's opinions!

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AfUqDF8cMk

1. This was not here

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

number6 
Posted on 7-Feb-2011 13:50:01
#280 ]
Elite Member

@damocles

You also need to be a member and logged in to view those.

AW is similar. Membership is encouraged for full site access. Without it, you don't get the same privileges.
Try http://amigaworld.net/modules/xoopspoll
for example when not logged in.

Last edited by number6 on 07-Feb-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle