Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 131 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Rob

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  1 min ago
 zipper:  21 mins ago
 Gunnar:  24 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 Comi:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 vox:  2 hrs 54 mins ago
 BigD:  4 hrs 1 min ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Hyperion Fires Team Lead and Core Developer
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
sibbi 
Re: Hyperion Fires Team Lead and Core Developer
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 1:07:17
#41 ]
Team Member

@ssolie

Thanks for all your efforts, you're one of the good guys, karma finds good people

Disclaimer:
The opinions stated do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Profile     Report this post  
Barana 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 1:50:51
#42 ]
Cult Member

@ssolie

Quote:
I can only speak for myself (not Hyperion) and playing scapegoat was part of my plan from the start. I confided in a few people about this when they asked me why the heck I was taking all the abuse and playing puppet at times.

Tough luck for the trolls that thought they were getting to me. Nah! Nah!

A man after my own heart! Well done :)

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

ne_one 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 4:02:42
#43 ]
Cult Member

@ssolie

Quote:
This was one of those negative paying jobs.

So based on a perceived lack of loyalty, you were relieved of responsibilities that you were volunteering to fulfill? And yet you still felt that it was important to express your appreciation to Ben for the opportunity?

Quote:
That said, others have suffered FAR more than I ever did.

It's really a shame that anyone has had to endure any grief over this mess. It just confirms what we've expected all along.

ssolie 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 4:16:48
#44 ]
Elite Member

@ne_one
Quote:
So based on a perceived lack of loyalty, you were relieved of responsibilities that you were volunteering to fulfill? And yet you still felt that it was important to express your appreciation to Ben for the opportunity?

I was already a core developer at the time. The team needed a new leader. Of course I wanted to try and help the development team out. Mr. Hermans presented me, in person no less, with an excellent opportunity to try some technical team management.

It wasn't until after the new company directors took over when things started to deteriorate. So yeah, thanks Ben, it was fun while it lasted.

Barana 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 5:19:16
#45 ]
Cult Member

@ssolie

Quote:
I was already a core developer at the time. The team needed a new leader. Of course I wanted to try and help the development team out. Mr. Hermans presented me, in person no less, with an excellent opportunity to try some technical team management.

It wasn't until after the new company directors took over when things started to deteriorate. So yeah, thanks Ben, it was fun while it lasted.

Son-of-a-messybench So the Belgian remained true throughout? As the picture is developed......
Is it possible that hermans has lent his lawyer by services to a board of directors who use him for intermigan war?
I wonder , if that is indeed closer to the truth, who these directors are.....

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

Barana 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 5:23:22
#46 ]
Cult Member

@Barana
Timothy de groot managing director
https://www.generationamiga.com/2017/05/06/interview-timothy-de-groote-director-of-hyperion-entertainment-cvba/
Costel mincea aka cyborg technical director. http://www.generationamiga.com/2017/01/24/hyperion-management-restructuring/
Hermans is still an investor
I will decline to say who the bumwipe is.

Last edited by Barana on 17-Mar-2019 at 05:45 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 17-Mar-2019 at 05:41 AM.
Last edited by Barana on 17-Mar-2019 at 05:34 AM.

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

ASiegel 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 8:38:58
#47 ]

@Barana

Quote:
Timothy de groot managing director https://www.generationamiga.com/2017/05/06/interview-timothy-de-groote-director-of-hyperion-entertainment-cvba/ Costel mincea aka cyborg technical director. http://www.generationamiga.com/2017/01/24/hyperion-management-restructuring/ Hermans is still an investor I will decline to say who the bumwipe is.

Two Belgians. One German.

One wonders who of these might have possibly caused multiple misguided Nazi rants?

OneTimer1 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 9:41:30
#48 ]
Cult Member

@ssolie

Quote:

I was very good at representation...

In fact, I made it a point of being the scapegoat. In this way, my team was able to continue to focus on doing what they did best and didn't have to worry about what was happening in web forums or whatever. I purposely caused trouble with moobunny and others to draw attention to myself. It worked pretty well in hindsight. My devs were able to work in peace a majority of the time.

I sometimes saw you giving statements you had to take back a week later.

I hope you didn't had to pay the flights to the Amiga shows by yourself.

OlafS25 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 9:59:53
#49 ]
Elite Member

@ssolie

that sounds like you describe your role to act as court jester to entertain the people

OlafS25 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 10:02:50
#50 ]
Elite Member

@OneTimer1

if the "job" was unpaid and he lost thousands of dollars I assume he very propably did not get any money

kolla 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 11:58:22
#51 ]
Elite Member

@ASiegel

Quote:
One wonders who of these might have possibly caused multiple misguided Nazi rants?

You mean this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlaams_Belang
https://maldegem.vlaamsbelang.org/nl/site/wie-is-wie/bestuur/

cgutjahr 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 14:12:19
#52 ]
Cult Member

@ssolie

Quote:

tough luck for the trolls that thought they were getting to me. Nah! Nah!

Let me recap what happened:

1. You were supporting a gang of liars, bullies and thieves for much longer than pretty much everybody else. In fact, you're still publicly thanking the head of that gang for "the opportunity" he gave you.

2. You lied to the community, blamed the community - erm, the "trolls" - for everything that went wrong, came up with schemes to extract more money from the community, made tons of empty promises and helped to make any criticism or outright anger of legit customers disappear from the web.

3. Now that even people like you can no longer ignore Hyperion's complete and utter failure at everything, you simply leave the sinking ship to join another attempt at flogging a dead horse and burning lots of customer money.

I don't think you should be posting to forums right now. I'd suggest hiding in a dark basement instead.

Your new boss now publicly claims your old boss stole half a million bucks from him, while you're still publicly thanking your old boss. I understand that traditional logic and common sense do not apply to anything carrying the Amiga trademark - but it feels like we reached a new level of insanity. Congratulations.

BigD 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 14:48:16
#53 ]
Elite Member

@cgutjahr

Quote:
I don't think you should be posting to forums right now. I'd suggest hiding in a dark basement instead.

You're entitled to your own opinion but maybe keep it in your head next time. Hyperion haven't attended Amiga meetings for years but Steve Solie at least was at a lot of US based ones! He often gave 'some sort of' update in regards to development, headed up Q&A sessions and at least acted like a friendly company spokesman with actual tachnical knowledge to boot!

Now we have a bunch of faceless lawyers pulling in the reigns again and I expect they'll have no relationship with their customers other than another friendly contractor in Thomas Richter on the OS3.1.4 side of things. Solie WAS one of the good guys whatever your disappointments with AmigaOS. Compared to someone like Petro at Amiga Technologies or Bill at Amiga Inc. he was up there with the Los Gatos team.

Last edited by BigD on 17-Mar-2019 at 02:51 PM.

PR 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 14:51:56
#54 ]

Full load of Amigas, mags and all equipment and OS:s in the office.

Worth a house and a car maybe. From the start A500-DigiviewGold-4000-1200x12-XE...

So my money went in the skies? Not. Really Good things. Action ReplaymkIII stuff and North&South runs nice atm. OS4,1 last waits for an update..

Old news.

Next investment is to be a good one.

A Fast OS+Net+Print. Everyone waited for 10 years.

Can not deliver so went to pc. Done the ground work and if happens comming back to the future.

So many times the same.

Fighting is for children. Co. operation is better. Make the next move and You Will be in a good position.

Just the positive customer. All The Best to devs. Come here to snowplow in the fresh air for a change and Sauna after that;)

PR

eliyahu 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 15:08:36
#55 ]

@cgutjahr

in honor of steven solie, who has contributed an enormous amount of time, money, and goodwill to our platform, and yet has to put up with inaccurate, insulting, and uninformed commentary by those who think they know better without actually being involved, i present yet another simpsons reference. enjoy.

-- eliyahu

petrol 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 15:13:19
#56 ]

@Ssolie

Where does this boing logo come from?
It looks like a "modernized" (vectorised) Amigaone logo!

Regards,
Petrol!

ssolie 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 15:24:03
#57 ]
Elite Member

@cgutjahr
Quote:
Let me recap what happened...

Ouch! Gosh, try to help out and this is the thanks I get?

I appreciate you trying to recap but a lot of that is just a pile of twisted logic. Probably because you don't have ALL the facts which is what happens for anybody on the "outside" of an organization.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I misled anyone BUT it was never on purpose. For example, the Lime Laptops. There was a business deal in motion and everything looked great. The decision was made to announce it early at AmiWest one year. I made that announcement. Then the deal fell apart. Oops!

Was that lying? It certainly was not telling the whole truth (i.e. deals not final). But the intent was NEVER to mislead. The intent was to get customers excited about the next cool product.

All I can speak about are my own personal experiences. I am still under NDA so I cannot talk about everything. That goes for a lot of people in the forums. I'm sorry but this is how our corporations are designed to work. Yell at your local government for allowing corporations to gag people.

Last edited by ssolie on 18-Mar-2019 at 02:09 AM.

cdimauro 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 15:49:24
#58 ]
Elite Member

@ssolie: you can also speak about your tentative to redefined the SMP term, as well as the "64-bit support" which was sold to the masses, and the promises which are still waiting to be satisfied and that you contributed to spread.

cgutjahr isn't that far from the reality: you actively contributed to the lies which were spread by Hyperion.

Cheese 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 15:51:12
#59 ]

@eliyahu

And one for you:

"Delving into the past can be a dangerous exercise." -hyperionmp

"I've been a supporter of "REACTION" GUI because is an Amiga OS thing." -Snuffy

"I personally prefer a vision of do'ers and makers rather than

eliyahu 
Posted on 17-Mar-2019 16:00:08
#60 ]

@Cheese

yes, but that one isn't from the simpsons.

-- eliyahu

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle