Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 157 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  53 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 amigasociety:  2 hrs 45 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 31 mins ago
 RobertB:  3 hrs 48 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 12 mins ago
 number6:  5 hrs 18 mins ago
 Karlos:  5 hrs 53 mins ago
 kolla:  6 hrs 22 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Apparently the A1XE/SE USB needs a HW fix too!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
PosterThread
olegil 
Re: Apparently the A1XE/SE USB needs a HW fix too!
Posted on 14-Jan-2005 18:07:30
#281 ]
Elite Member

@tjaoz

I'm quite sure that if your claims that

1: He doesn't have a product
2: Elbox does
3: Users would rather have 68k than PPC

Are true, then you have no reason to whine. The fact that you're whining leads me to believe that at least one of the above are not true. Personally, I would say the least true is #3. There are plenty of people who would like the ability to run NEW stuff AND OLD stuff at the same time. A 68k A1200 can only run the old stuff, the AmigaOne can only run the new stuff (I know this is QIUTE a bit of generalisation, and that all generalisations are wrong, so relax ). A PPC A1200 can run all programs that an m68k A1200 can, And very likely all the applications that an AmigaOne can, so I think Adam has a sure winner here.

Had Elbox managed to pull off the SharkPPC, I woulda gone for it. Because I want the ability to run AGA applications at full speed AND OS4 applications at full speed. Elbox are now aiming for the Dragon Coldfire board, which means you lost all those potential OS4 fanatics. I'm stuck with the choice between Adams board or a µA1, and I don't quite know what to choose yet. Maybe a good startpoint would be to force toaks into giving back my A1200

Edit:
Btw, I'm not saying #1 or #2 are true, just that I object more to #3 since I haven't seen a product from either of you

Last edited by olegil on 14-Jan-2005 at 06:08 PM.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

Profile     Report this post  
Toaks 
Posted on 15-Jan-2005 1:42:32
#282 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

i agree with you on this on and i was one of thoose who waited and waited for sharkppc , if it had arrived less than 6 months ago then i would probably got it...if it comes now..then i wont , the dragon sounds nice but i cant live without os4 and my 1200 currently runs os4 and so does my a1.

also seeing how coldfire performs on the atari havent really been anything special so i fear you cant even say that the coldfire cpu thats choosed for the dragon can even get the speed of a 060 which i btw have had for 10 years now and anything slower than that is nothing i want..AT ALL!.

cheers

ps: check pm ole!

mwoof 
Posted on 31-Jan-2005 20:48:38
#283 ]

@olegil

Quote:
All earlybirds KNEW that the hardware had never been tested.

But I had an earlybird board, but it's only *now* that I found out about it!!

AmigaOne G3-SE, OS4 Final (July 2007 update), Debian Sarge, 512 MB RAM, 20 + 80 GB hard disks, NEC 3540 DVD writer, LG DVD reader, Radeon 9250, SB Live, Intracom Netfaster router, PCI USB card (NEC - OHCI/EHCI)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle