Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 44 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  9 mins ago
 Matt3k:  26 mins ago
 danwood:  37 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 16 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  2 hrs 49 mins ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 47 mins ago
 Gunnar:  3 hrs 59 mins ago
 t0lkien:  4 hrs 1 min ago
 Lou:  4 hrs 51 mins ago
 K-L:  4 hrs 52 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  Do You Remember why?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
PosterThread
hatschi 
Re: Do You Remember why?
Posted on 4-Jan-2006 8:56:21
#241 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

How suitable is a moderator for fulfilling his job properly if he calles himself as

a) being an extremist
b) as they say (...) stir up trouble, it comes in here

?

Why don't you consider either just being a

a) normal user of this forum
or
b) discussing with fellow moderators to change the TOS if it is not in-line with your idea of how this site should be kept running

Concerning the TOS, I find it a bit odd how differently it can be interpreted sometimes. I don't want to drive a wedge between the moderators and I absolutely welcome that moderators have different viewpoints, but I would like this site to have a common and clearer "style" in how-to-handle things and a common appearance every user (regardless of his opinion) can stick to. This is usually the reason why the TOS is there, I know, but what I feel is that it is interpreted quite different sometimes:

"We share one common ground, we are all Amiga users! Respect other opinions, even though you may not agree. Everyone is entitled to their say, but please do so in a courteous manner. "

If you just read it as-is, I still don't see which point you are trying to make, Mikey. If there is something in violation of the TOS, moderate it, that's fine. If there are just different viewpoints articulated in a courteous manner (let it be MOS or whatever) leave them there and don't always complain about them - otherwise, discuss to change the TOS to only invite users to this site who share exactly your thinking.
If you truly have the feeling that "this site is overrun by MOS users", then you might have a warped view. I just don't see this.

I think that if "common practice" is not there, this will rather lead to an increase in extreme viewpoints - every group of people having their "favourite" moderator and if something happens, then they know who they will address to. I really don't think this would be a good idea.
Hmm, hope you got my idea, explaining these kind of things properly can be quite hard sometimes when trying not to be misunderstood (being not native in English)...

Profile     Report this post  
sundown 
Re: Do You Remember why?
Posted on 4-Jan-2006 9:09:46
#242 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

I moved to AW after Amiga.org drifted toward the blue camp. I really liked the friendy atmosphere here & still do, but things are changing. Hyperion is about to release ud4 & we os4 users should be dancing in the streets, but all we get is a bunch of negative threads about os4 not ported to the Peg. We all clamor for more infomation from Rogue & EntilZha & as soon as they do, the negative comments start up again to the point that they don't want to post here. I have nothing against Peg users, but they need to do their whining on a Peg forum & not here.

I'm here to discuss the A1/OS4 platform, not the Peg.

Profile     Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle