Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
6 crawler(s) on-line.
 104 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  32 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  49 mins ago
 RobertB:  51 mins ago
 cip060:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 sibbi:  1 hr 31 mins ago
 blmara:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 Karlos:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 33 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 10 mins ago
 pavlor:  3 hrs 41 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Developer Projects Forum
      /  ColdFusion Accelerator
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Oli_hd 
Re: ColdFusion Accelerator
Posted on 3-Mar-2007 10:06:36
#21 ]

Hi guys

@DJBase

Yeah the Coldfire and CDTV websites are off-line at the moment.
At Xmas I suddenly had server problems (stupid 1and1) and they came back saying your stressing the server, running three websites and all (it was the SQL database that was slow and the CDTV and coldfire sites didnt use them, go figure) so to prove the point I took them off line... now in a totally unrelated thing my other (business) websites speed picked up. :-/ Mehh
So anyway the sites are going back up but Im redesigning them. (The CDTV website first) but Ive been spending my free time doing things that are more fun so.. ermm.. sorry

Ive just sent off a design to be printed thats a bit of a back to basics board, ive made a few general interface projects and stuff which I will make and test then get the new Coldfire design I did (which is a coldfire stuck to a CPLD stuck to the Amiga bus) printed and try that.
Ive got to e-mail Freescale (or chat on the Coldfire forum) about interrupts and a few other things but thats something to come later.
basically no news to announce at the moment, specially Coldfire based.

Oh looking back at the older questions I didnt answer, the main reason for not editing UAE is because I so dont have the software to do it, I have an old copy of Borlan (think thats what its called) but it needs specific windows sdk's and such..) plus Im not the strongest programmer in the world by any stretch. (lucky for me Freescale include GUI tools and nice examples on how to do all the Coldfire int code )
It would be the obvious way to check how well the Coldfire works on the miggy though, I know that, but I kinda went the other route of making a card that needed a custom kickstart, start off with the Freescale debug code, then clinux and onwards.

Profile     Report this post  
olegil 
Posted on 3-Mar-2007 12:29:23
#22 ]
Elite Member

@Oli_hd

You should seriously think about going for only CPU, memory interface, glue logic and an expansion bus of some sort in the first version.

Coldfire SDRAM shouldn't be too hard, it's pretty much what the coldfire was designed for

And given a large enough expansion bus it doesn't limit the future possibilities... All new revisions with the same CPU would start off by making an expansion, making it work, then integrating that functionality on the board. New CPU versions would need a new main board, but none of the expansions until it's verified as working with all the plugin cards...

Something like the PC/104 formfactor might work well.

Hmm, this is GPL, but still worth looking at (it doesn't mean you can't make money off of it, it just means you gotta publish your sources. That would actually be worth a bit of money to us users, since it pretty much guarantees the project doesn't die when you loose interest):
http://www.freeio.org/library/toast.htm

Last edited by olegil on 03-Mar-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

BrianK 
Posted on 3-Mar-2007 13:53:27
#23 ]
Elite Member

While ColdFusion can be resource intensive I think the better solution is a modern dual core CPU. Have a few of those w/ about 4GB RAM and ColdFusion seems to work great!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle