Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 168 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  3 mins ago
 Hypex:  17 mins ago
 agami:  25 mins ago
 Matt3k:  51 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 40 mins ago
 amigasociety:  2 hrs 55 mins ago
 billt:  4 hrs 38 mins ago
 Rob:  5 hrs 38 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 hrs 49 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  6 hrs 7 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
d0c 
Re: ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 13:00:16
#101 ]
Cult Member

@glittering
HAHAHA! I literally laughed my morning coffie out my nose!........ but i must agree bringing the personal issue in to the equation (again) was the last thing i wanted to hear, this is strictly business and not a www.facebook.com blog.... thanks again glittering for not being afraid to speak your mind...

@koan
your question "Did you send out those boards you posted about last week?" that was on everyons mind, ack dodged nicely....

Last edited by d0c on 17-Jul-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Last edited by d0c on 17-Jul-2007 at 01:03 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Loki1 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 13:29:21
#102 ]

@d0c

Quote:
your question "Did you send out those boards you posted about last week?" that was on everyons mind, ack dodged nicely....

In my book, no answer is an answer ("NO")

Mike

glittering 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 13:32:48
#103 ]

@ikir

Adam started with the personal nonsense ages ago but that's ok in Amigaland

Removed namecalling part/ tomazkid

I bet if i started to scam Amigans, you would support me too.

Last edited by tomazkid on 17-Jul-2007 at 02:22 PM.

Samwel 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 13:41:46
#104 ]
Elite Member

@glittering

Show support? I saw a guy complain about you abusing the TOS of this site nothing else.
Or do you read between the lines?

Last edited by Samwel on 17-Jul-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Last edited by Samwel on 17-Jul-2007 at 01:42 PM.

[SOLD] µA1-C - 750GX 800MHz - 512MB - Antec Aria case

Samwel 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 13:44:58
#105 ]
Elite Member

@glittering

Quote:

I bet if i started to scam Amigans, you would support me too.

Not with your attitude. But then again you'll never know

ikir 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 14:11:54
#106 ]
Elite Member

@glittering

I'm NOT supporting Adam/ACK, i believe he will not release hardware. I support ACube, they are "delivering the promises". indeed i hope to see the end of the lawsuit to move things forward. ACube had OS4 working on MacMini months/years before you read it on the lawsuit documents. I tried it when you didn't even know it was possible. I know who have the capacity to help Amiga and imho (i could be wrong) it is not Adam/ACK. But accusing him, and saying his wife did the right choice is a stupid, personal attack which can only get away Adam from this comunity.

get a life.

Last edited by ikir on 17-Jul-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Last edited by ikir on 17-Jul-2007 at 02:12 PM.

d0c 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 14:14:03
#107 ]
Cult Member

@Samwel

i dont see glittering abusing the TOS of this site, he is just one person saying whats on everyones mind or what people dont dare to say......

d0c 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 14:20:31
#108 ]
Cult Member

@ikir

ack have lied and have posed as the amiga savior for years now. that i call an personal attack on everyone that have amiga computers as a hobby...

Boot_WB 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 15:16:47
#109 ]

@fairlanefastback
Quote:

y fairlanefastback on 11-Jul-2007 19:54:39

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@kirka and everyone,

A bunch of stuff is getting shipped out this week:

1) Chris's board will go out on Monday, and he should have it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

2) I'm just waiting on a few case parts for Ivan's machine that were damaged when the machine was shipped to me, but he'll have it this week.

3) Kneedeep's board will go out around mid-week.

4) Cash flow has improved and the issue with Jens will be finalized within a couple weeks.

Adam

Today Chris should be getting his board. This is great news!

We look forward to hearing about its working state (or not).

For Ivan the good news is he will have his whole machine by this Saturday the latest!

For Kneedeep his board should be going out sometime between today and tomorrow it sounds like. Also great news.

I know all these guys have been through a lot already but I think it would be great if you could let us know in this thread if ACK Software Controls comes through this time. If they do, lets help publicize the turn-around and also just be glad to hear about 3 revived systems being utilized once again! If we show appreciation for openness maybe ACK will better consider our suggestions for development proof (past and/or present).

And if the company dosen't come through then we have this thread out there for others (if there are any others) to also tell us their stories and updates (if any) come up with those already named.

Either is a noble purpose for this thread IMO.

If only it would work out that way, instead of the (almost inevitable) trolling.

Boot_WB 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 15:17:51
#110 ]

@Thread

Slightly OT, but a little timeline for you:

14-Jun-2006 14:22:03 - Amigaworld.net "Oldtimeuser" (location Manchester, UK) posts a personal attack (subsequently removed by admin) - the one to which "ackcontrls" responds with
Quote:
That's the final straw. I'm out of here....this is just not worth the aggravation. Have a good life everyone.

Adam

14-Jun-2006 (shortly after 14:22:03) - Amigaworld.net - "Oldtimeuser" receives a (presumably lifetime) ban.

14-Jun-2006 14:28 - Amiga.org - "Savan" (location not specified) posts a similar personal attack - which is similarly removed by Admin.

14-Jun-2006 (some time after 14.28) - Amiga.org - "Savan" receives a (presumably lifetime) ban.

16-Jun-2006 - Amiga.org - New user "Glittering" (location not specified) registers.

1-May-2007 - Amigaworld.net - New User "Glittering" registers (location Manchester, UK)

17-May-2007 - Amiga.org - "Glittering" identified by Admin as Paul Gadd - previously identified as having numerous accounts (eg "Unisys" - location UK), heavily moderated and requested to close duplicates. Also banned on original Paul Gadd account (at least temporarily, and at least once).
"Glittering" account banned.

17-Jul-2007 - Amigaworld.net - "Glittering" banned for 3 days by Admin. This action follows heavy moderation on many posts, mainly due to personal attacks.

Hmm... do you think there could be a connection between all of these events?
(Disclaimer - No connection is implied by this post, this is just a random selection of unconnected events. )

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 15:18:06
#111 ]
Team Member

@ackcontrls

I'm really curious what reasonable reason your firm thinks it has to not address the community concerns of whether hardware has been returned as promised. Its certainly not good for PR and it is odd to almost seek to cultivate doubt about your firm in general, especially given prior history. It just makes it look (IMHO) that you really don't give a &$*#. And yet poping into the thread so selectively, makes it look like you get some twisted satisfaction (IMHO) at addressing little tidbits here and there. The latest being talking with someone to get new money from a new customer. What about the guy whose board you've supposedly had since 2004. Did you send back to him yet? What kind of community partner is your firm to act like this?

Amiga 1200

d0c 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 15:54:34
#112 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback
your talking to a wall now, dont you think so?

@Boot_WB
come on give him a break and cut the crap. if you want a timeline that aint just pure fiction of your own imagine, look at hatschi's list over timeline for ack,....

Samwel 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 16:16:32
#113 ]
Elite Member

@d0c

If you don't see it you have serious problems reading english.. Or simply don't want
to see it for some reason.

It's not allowed to flame or attack another member.. However bad the other member is
or has been. You don't have to behave badly because you don't believe what ACK says.
Simply saying so is understandable by most of the members of this site I believe.

Quote:

Flame/Attacks: Do not flame! Flaming refers to derogatory, abusive, threatening, sarcastic, rude, or otherwise mean-spirited messages directed at members/users. Be cautious when using sarcasm and humour. Without facial expressions and tone of voice, they do not translate easily over the Internet in posts and may be perceived as flaming. Report the flame posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member so that the situation can be dealt with immediately. A warning may be issued depending on the severity of flame/attacks.

Almost every post glittering makes actually fits inside these guide lines IMO.

Last edited by Samwel on 17-Jul-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Last edited by Samwel on 17-Jul-2007 at 04:20 PM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 16:31:36
#114 ]
Team Member

@Boot_WB

Quote:
If only it would work out that way, instead of the (almost inevitable) trolling.

Easily killed if you work for ACK. You send out the stuff as promised and send the people tracking numbers. You post here that both were done. And if people still troll at that point thats why this board has moderators and they are all over glittering's post as an example right quick.

Pretty simple as I see it.

Amiga 1200

d0c 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:00:12
#115 ]
Cult Member

@Samwel

and ack fall under these two tos...

Troll: Trolls show no respect and deliberately crafts messages to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy or just to cause anger and confusion.

Spam: Spamming the forums with senseless, inane messages to increase post count, or simply to aggravate.

this have been done by ack over many years now....... and there have not been any warnings or bans... even after people have said they send amiga hw for fix and have waited since 2004 to get it back, still nothing happen....

but when people speak their mind and get angry like glittering, they are given the warning and ban treatment very fast.... i dont think that is fair at all...

number6 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:03:47
#116 ]
Elite Member

@terminator3

Another option for you fairly close in N.Y. State:
Kurt Grach

Quote:
The USB debounce and DMA fix for the Amigaone XE boards includes a full check out of the board.

He just completed this on Kneedeep's board afaik, so he is still providing this fine service.

Tomas 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:03:54
#117 ]
Elite Member

@d0c

Quote:

d0c wrote:
@ikir

ack have lied and have posed as the amiga savior for years now. that i call an personal attack on everyone that have amiga computers as a hobby...

Not often i agree with you, but i sadly have to agree here. I even think he should be banned like all the other trolls and scammers out there. Why is this guy still protected around here after all these years? If someone else troll or scam people on ebay, then amigaworld dont even blink before banning this said person.

But now i guess it is me who is the bad troll for calling him a troll and a scammer...

Last edited by Tomas on 17-Jul-2007 at 05:05 PM.

zerohero 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:12:32
#118 ]
Team Member

@Tomas, d0c & everyone else

Adam is not protected around here, not at all, but you WILL treat him with respect either way, or we will restrict your posting rights.

No matter how many broken promises he has made, he does have the right to be treated fairly. So set the personal stuff aside, and act as grown ups (which I do believe most of you are)...

Kind regards,
Joachim Birging

AmigaWorld.Net staff

Boot_WB 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:13:36
#119 ]

@d0c

Quote:

d0c wrote:
@fairlanefastback
your talking to a wall now, dont you think so?

@Boot_WB
come on give him a break and cut the crap. if you want a timeline that aint just pure fiction of your own imagine, look at hatschi's list over timeline for ack,....

1) Nothing in that timeline was my imagination, it is all verifiable fact - as shown by the links.

2) Give him a break? How much heavy moderation has this person required in his 89 posts (under this user name)?

3) Have I ever defended the behaviour of ACK software controls Inc? No, in fact I have been a vocal critic of such.

4) You are the only person thus far to defend Glittering's postings.
Quote:
thanks again glittering for not being afraid to speak your mind...

and
[quote]
i dont see glittering abusing the TOS of this site, he is just one person saying whats on everyones mind or what people dont dare to say.....[quote]
When actually he has abused the T&Cs on many occasions, as demonstrated by the heavy moderation required.
Also, as you are the only one thus far to defend his postings, it can be inferred that he is only speaking what is on your mind, not everyone's.

Additionally, I thought it worth putting this into the context (and a brief timeline) of another user who was "not been afraid to speak their mind", with well known consequences.

I also thought this might be interesting for the moderators. I believe having more than one account is against the T&Cs - regardless of whether the first account was banned or not.

Regards

Rich

Tomas 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:18:56
#120 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero
Why is it okay to warn and NAME people who scam people on ebay or amiga online shops that does not treat their customers properly? I do not see the difference, as long as no one goes over the line and for example serv a person death threats or similar.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle