Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 48 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Lou:  11 mins ago
 vox:  12 mins ago
 Gunnar:  48 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 t0lkien:  1 hr 16 mins ago
 roar:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs ago
 billt:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  3 hrs 48 mins ago
 kriz:  3 hrs 49 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  SOLVED: Are someone trying to fix hyperion-entertainment.biz
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Alkaron 
Re: Are someone trying to fix hyperion-entertainment.biz?
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:07:15
#21 ]

@AmigaBlitter

That was a bit mean! Just leave the guy alone.. I am not defending what Helgis did, but its not necessary to behave like him..

Profile     Report this post  
opi 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:15:09
#22 ]
Team Member

@Daedalus

Quote:
And did those 30K hits in one day have any significant sized downloads associated with them?

Nope. But it was a box under my table, running on P2, not a Hetzner server.

Quote:
Their server has been asked to serve hundreds of ISOs almost at the same time, which is plenty of traffic to put the entire system under stress.

That's why I consider this to be system design issue, not server issue. I run serval static servers that are streamlined for downloads only. You can also outsource this to S3. Or do whatever. This is max 2K ISO's, nothing scary.

Quote:
Give them a break, it'll be up in a day or two...

In 2010 having your company website (company that sells software!) down for two days is unherad of. Sorry.

bitman 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:20:27
#23 ]
Cult Member

@Thread

What is the size of the ISO?

Rogue 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:26:45
#24 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@bitman

Yes, we're working on it, but there had been some difficulties. It's not a bandwidth problem, and right now, I can only ask for patience.

AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:27:39
#25 ]
Elite Member

@Alkaron

Quote:
That was a bit mean! Just leave the guy alone.. I am not defending what Helgis did, but its not necessary to behave like him..

I'm sorry for the.... marmellade :(

J.K.

Rogue 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:27:40
#26 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@danwood

Quote:
I agree the site has been down almost 24-hours now, this is very poor customer service.

Considering this is a free update, I find that comment a slight bit inappropriate.

danwood 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:32:23
#27 ]

@Rogue

I know its a free update, that's fine, but we are still customers of Hyperion are we not?
Windows Service packs are free updates, OS X updates are free (mostly), its not a cost thing, its just that keeping your customers waiting and wasting time for over 24 hours is not acceptable in my book.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and judging by the comments on here, a lot of others too.

We do appreciate what you guys do for the OS, hence why we pay for it, the hardware is stupidly pricey, the OS costs more than Windows and OS X mostly, but we pay it because we love it.

It just seems something could have been done to avoid this, and after it happened, it could have been sorted by now easily, I just don't see the hold up? Find some other way of hosting it, there are plenty of cheap fast ways.

bitman 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:32:37
#28 ]
Cult Member

@Rogue

Quote:
Yes, we're working on it, but there had been some difficulties

Nice to know that you didn't leave for the weekend

AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:37:45
#29 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue

Don't take some comment (like mine) as serious comments, Rogue. We can really wait and be more patient. There are more serious problems in the world to consider :(

kas1e 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:38:30
#30 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue
Win32 users pay for ServicePacks ? :)

Anyway, hope HP will fix all that strange problems soon.

I will not say many thinks which in my head, but maybe just any other hosting, and send the mails with direct links for all the customers ?

100% customer service of os4/Hp must be upgrated. IT's related not only downloads of updates, but about reporting the bugs and all the back-users stuff.

@danwood
I absolutly agree with you. I see no problems with all of this when company think about customers.

But for now everything looks like "we give you os4? then shut the #### up, and do what we say for you to do". That a bit bad. We all in interest with os4 and so on, and we all pay for it, but why not be a bit more "friendly" to customers ? Everything began from the small. If at begining we have all that crap, what will be next with x1000 ? :) Firedup CPUs after 2 weeks ?:)

Last edited by kas1e on 15-Jan-2010 at 04:41 PM.

whose 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:43:44
#31 ]
Cult Member

@Rogue

Welcome to the world of IT services... well, you shouldnt take the critics personally (as you seem to do). But if somebody talks about "bad customer service", you should take this as a serious indicator, that there is something going wrong on your side.

We all know and appreciate the work you and others invested in this update, and I strongly believe that you would perform even better, if you would take this for granted now. It was told to you countless times before.

This server issues happened several times in the past and you know it. But the customers know this, too.

So, please stop taking the people that support you by buying OS4.1 and now eagerly awaiting the badly needed update as some nasty ghouls, only interested in getting free software, ok?

"Ich drücke die Daumen, daß ihr die Probleme mit dem Server bald gelöst habt" ;)

And, besides all this hassle: Many, many thanks for the update and for the really good time with the MAP riddle!

Regards

Mechanic 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:44:13
#32 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@bitman

Yes, we're working on it, but there had been some difficulties. It's not a bandwidth problem, and right now, I can only ask for patience.

10-4. Just get it done before 12/12/2012.

Rogue 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:45:10
#33 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@danwood

Quote:
Windows Service packs are free updates, OS X updates are free (mostly), its not a cost thing, its just that keeping your customers waiting and wasting time for over 24 hours is not acceptable in my book.

IF Hyperion had the budget of Apple or Microsoft you wouldn't be waiting anymore. Unfortunately they haven't, so I am sorry to say you have to wait a bit.

Recently, there was a several hour dropout on Valve's Steam. They make millions of dollars, and still customers had to wait for the downloads (during the free UT3 weekend) for over a day. It just happens.

Quote:
It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and judging by the comments on here, a lot of others too

Right... I appreciate the fact people aren't cheering the fact, but what else can I say other than "we're doing our best to get the download up again"? Yes, it takes a while, I'm sorry for that, but as I said, we're doing the best we can.

Quote:
It just seems something could have been done to avoid this, and after it happened, it could have been sorted by now easily, I just don't see the hold up? Find some other way of hosting it, there are plenty of cheap fast ways.

I assure you that bandwidth is not the issue.

kas1e 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:50:18
#34 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue

I have 5gb free bandwith on my hosting now. We can just upload iso here, and you will send 30 emails to the 30 customers in alphavit order with the direct link.

That of course not enough, but better than nothing. We can do it just in 1 hour with no problems.

1Mouse 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:59:39
#35 ]

@Rogue

Can you estimate when the site will be up again?

Sam460cr + OS4.1FE

Swoop 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 16:59:41
#36 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

Quote:
But for now everything looks like "we give you os4? then shut the #### up, and do what we say for you to do". That a bit bad.

I think you exagerate too much, and give the wrong impression of Hyperion.
Chill out Rogue said they are trying to sort it out, give him some slack.

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Tomas 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 17:01:20
#37 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@danwood

Quote:
I agree the site has been down almost 24-hours now, this is very poor customer service.

Considering this is a free update, I find that comment a slight bit inappropriate.

I find that comment a bit untrue. We have already paid for OS4.1 and not the beta which means we have in fact paid for this update as well. But i agree that calling it very poor customer service is taking it to far.

walkero 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 17:05:29
#38 ]

A lot here seems to be too rude. Really rude to a company that makes a difference against so many others who earned money and went away. You better think twice before you speak, and before you compare Hyperion with Microsot/Apple. If you want to use Windows/Mac OS you better go and play a game until Hyperion restores the download of the update.

Awfully rude people... I'm really sorry for you.

@Hyperion
Keep up the good work.

kas1e 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 17:08:27
#39 ]
Elite Member

@Swoop
Yep, maybe some time my posts a bit looks "agressive" , but that all not for Rogue specially, it's for all the Hyperion team. They must (must, not just "maybe" ), spend more money (which not so many, i know it), for the GOOD and NORMAL hosting. That very easy. If they can't, so, i can do all for free for Hyperion, without "pays". I will found for them good company, good hosting, and will fix all the crappy problems, if they can't or haven't time.

For now it's just looks as unproffesionalims. Maybe someone will think that i say something bad, but that true.

@walkero
Not think that many of us "rude" or "trolls". Just many of us works as admin, as programmers in many IT companyes and in IT industry at all, and we all know about we talk in general.

As i say, we all _REALLY LIKE_ OS4, and we all buy it. And we all can wait when it need it for and so on , and so on. But for now, we talk about _BAD CUSTOMER SUPPORT_. And that not for Rogue itself. IT's for all the Hyperion company.

And that talks not because we all want to be Trolls. It's for making it more good in the future. If we will not write all of this, then Hyperion will never think about it.

Last edited by kas1e on 15-Jan-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Troels 
Posted on 15-Jan-2010 17:10:27
#40 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue
It's weekend please don't waste your time on such stuff, we can always get the update Monday or Tuesday

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle