Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 133 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

pavlor

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pavlor:  19 secs ago
 matthey:  6 mins ago
 kolla:  59 mins ago
 michalsc:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 amigang:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 gryfon:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 Birbo:  2 hrs 43 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs 48 mins ago
 AmigaMac:  3 hrs ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Searching for the real Amiga, Incorporated
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tronman 
Searching for the real Amiga, Incorporated
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 6:46:30
#1 ]

I posted this to ANN but will also post it here..

I sent a registered letter to the address provided on the official Amiga website-the address in New York City, USA. That registered letter came back as undeliverable-no Amiga at that address. Some research revealed that the actual resident of that address is an architectural firm called Cross Architecture. A representative of theirs said that they'd received several pieces of mail for Amiga, but that there is no Amiga Incorporated in that building anywhere.

So, either Amiga have a severe issue with being able to proofread their website, or else this is yet another shell game to hide from creditors. Would some representative from Amiga care to comment on this?

What if I were some developer or other party wanting to use Amiga technology-how would I go about contacting Amiga?

Profile     Report this post  
PEB 
Re: Searching for the real Amiga, Incorporated
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 7:02:13
#2 ]
Cult Member

@Tronman

Well, I'm sure you could contact them via e-mail; but I agree that the physical mailing address should be accurate. It definitely does not sound good.

cell 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 7:41:52
#3 ]

@Tronman

Drats! Should have had this question for Garry Hare during the irc.

Anonymous 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 7:42:20
# ]

@Tronman

It is unlikely that there is only one resident in that building, the Amiga address has a suite number, you need, if you are going to do it properly, to talk to either the doorman about who is in that suite or mark that suite number on any correspondance.

If you get the right suite number, and its not Amiga Inc there, perhaps its some assotiate of Garrrrrry's who is holding mail for him

Report this post  
cell 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 7:51:59
#5 ]

@Wiffy

But the point is that his letters are not getting through using the address listed on the official web site. If they have a suite, then the address on the site needs to be updated.

Anonymous 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 7:54:03
# ]

@cell

Amiga Incorporated
167 Madison Avenue
Suite 301
New York, NY 10016
www.amiga.com

Thats what the address sayes, Suite 301.

Not suite 101 note.

Report this post  
cell 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 7:59:34
#7 ]

@Wiffy

So is 301 correct? Who mentioned 101?

Anonymous 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 8:01:29
# ]

@cell

Just my lame attempt at humour,

Room 101

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-2446/

Suite 101

http://www.suite101.com/

Report this post  
Tronman 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 8:02:36
#9 ]

@Wiffy

Nice try. Suite 301, is definitely on the address-It is the suite number mentioned on Amiga's web page. Did you think I wouldn't have tried that? I've been emailing them for months with no answer and yes, they have been polite emails. So I thought I'd give the address in question a try..

Amiga Incorporated
167 Madison Avenue
Suite 301
New York, New York
USA

(this address was taken from www.amiga.com on Friday April 1, 10:59PM, it is the same one used for mailing my letter almost two weeks ago.)

The person from Cross Architecture said they actually went around the building and made sure there was no Amiga-hence the line in my post about there being no Amiga offices in that building.

If I lived in New York I'd sure go down there and talk to that doorman, but I live in Washington State. Like I said, either this is bad proofreading-or another shell game to hide from creditors. Either way, this doesn't speak positively about Amiga's new management. Maybe Mr. Hare would like to email me privately with a real contact address. If I did get such an addy, I would not reveal it publically. I'd like it if he got in touch with me.

..Some associate of Garry's holding his mail?? Those are called 'employees' and having one or more implies that a company has money to pay them. Or something.

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
@Tronman

It is unlikely that there is only one resident in that building, the Amiga address has a suite number, you need, if you are going to do it properly, to talk to either the doorman about who is in that suite or mark that suite number on any correspondance.

If you get the right suite number, and its not Amiga Inc there, perhaps its some assotiate of Garrrrrry's who is holding mail for him

Anonymous 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 8:09:32
# ]

@Tronman

Thats ok then because this....

Quote:

Some research revealed that the actual resident of that address is an architectural firm called Cross Architecture. A representative of theirs said that they'd received several pieces of mail for Amiga, but that there is no Amiga Incorporated in that building anywhere.

...made me think that you were an ignoramus who thought only one company was resident in the building. Glad you cleared that up...

Quote:

Some associate of Garry's holding his mail?? Those are called 'employees' and having one or more implies that a company has money to pay them.

First time I've ever heard that accepting mail on someone elses behalf made you an employee of them. Perhaps its some bizzare law they have out there in the colonies.

PS: Considering you know one 'Realize' who lives 'in new york' ( although I seriously doubt that its at the good part of Manhatten ) maybe ask him on IRC to go take the metro to check it out. He would be getting himself a nice gold star from Voldemort as a matter of thanks if he does...

Last edited by Wiffy on 02-Apr-2005 at 08:11 AM.

Report this post  
MikeB 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 8:10:39
#11 ]
Elite Member

@Tronman

Maybe you should have attended the live IRC session and tried privately through the staff. I wonder who you tried to contact. For instance Garry's email address is not public knowledge.

BTW, without going into details AFAIK the main office is actually located at the West Coast, not in New York. I don't know if they want to make the exact address public knowledge, considering past stalkings of Amiga employees.

Last edited by MikeB on 02-Apr-2005 at 08:15 AM.
Last edited by MikeB on 02-Apr-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Last edited by MikeB on 02-Apr-2005 at 08:11 AM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 8:13:48
# ]

Id say people need to start swinging a cat around the San Francisco area, try both sides of the golden gate bridge.

Then if you dont find it, look eastwards into the bay, see that Island you can see? There they are...

Garry 'birdman' Hare

Report this post  
wegster 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 8:18:44
#13 ]
Elite Member

@Wiffy

MikeB 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 8:21:03
#14 ]
Elite Member

@Wiffy

That would be a most excellent location for any tech firm.

With big US computer fairs taking place in San Francisco and Silicon Valley really nearby.

Coder 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 8:49:03
#15 ]
Team Member

@Tronman

Quote:
What if I were some developer or other party wanting to use Amiga technology-how would I go about contacting Amiga?

But your not, right? Here's the thing, send a mail to Fleecy. He always responds. Really a shame you did not get your question into the Q&A session (your real question) because that one would have gotten an answer.

Coder

MikeB 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 9:03:45
#16 ]
Elite Member

@Tronman

Just had a quick peak over at ANN. I'm sure you realize that that's one of the worst possible locations to get any reliable information (I also doubt any AI representative would give you an answer there) and this would probably only add some fuel to an already highly flammable environment. I have my doubts regarding your motives for such an approach.

Too bad you couldn't attend AmiWest as founding SnoPUG (Snoqualmie Pegasos User Group) representative like you did the year before. That would have been a good oppertunity to have a beer with Garry.

Tronman at ANN:

Quote:
These are all very interesting additions! I bet if I sent a letter to one of these offices which doesn't have a suite number explicitly stated (Amiga's does-yes, I used it) they would still get the letter.. Thanks to all the sleuths who found the residents of the building in question

You could have googled that up yourself within a few seconds.

Last edited by MikeB on 02-Apr-2005 at 09:05 AM.

falemagn 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 9:12:12
#17 ]

@MikeB

Mike, you must understand that it already is wrong that he's forced to go on a quest for the Amiga Inc's address. He's owed money by them, it's them who should search him and give him money, not the other way around.

I don't think that you can despise him for trying to "spread the word", so to say, about the situation. Even on ANN. He said he tried for months to get in touch with them, unsuccessfully.

Now, you basically confirmed that that address is a fake one and that they really reside elsewhere, or am I mistaken?

~~ Henry Ford

Anonymous 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 9:20:24
# ]

@MikeB

Quote:
Maybe you should have attended the live IRC session and tried privately through the staff. I wonder who you tried to contact. For instance Garry's email address is not public knowledge.

BTW, without going into details AFAIK the main office is actually located at the West Coast, not in New York. I don't know if they want to make the exact address public knowledge, considering past stalkings of Amiga employees.

Ok.. wants to do business with Amiga... Email is unknown and the address given is BS.
But of course if I really REALLY would have wanted to do business with them, I would have done that during one irc session, through AW-stuff.

You made my saturdaymorning, thanks for that

Report this post  
Coder 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 9:26:30
#19 ]
Team Member

@hooligan

I admit that not being able to reach them is a bum. But this thread was not started with the "Oh no one can reach them, what to do now?" idea in mind. You know that.

Coder

MikeB 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 9:26:59
#20 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Quote:
He's owed money by them, it's them who should search him and give him money, not the other way around.

That's between him and his former employer. I am pretty opinionless with regard to the situation due to a lack of personal involvement and insight (IMO therefore most people should be too), but there are proper legal channels to deal with such issues. At least no serious company would address these on public forums.

Quote:
Now, you basically confirmed that that address is a fake one and that they really reside elsewhere, or am I mistaken?

You are again mistaken. BTW, I talked about their main office.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle