Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 39 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  19 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  24 mins ago
 Beajar:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 36 mins ago
 Matt3k:  2 hrs 53 mins ago
 danwood:  3 hrs 4 mins ago
 zipper:  4 hrs 43 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  5 hrs 15 mins ago
 OlafS25:  6 hrs 14 mins ago
 Gunnar:  6 hrs 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  So who are A-Eon?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
ddni 
Re: So who are A-Eon?
Posted on 13-Feb-2010 23:28:43
#221 ]
Cult Member

@zerohero

It seems to me that you are confusing Hyperion and A-eon with forum members.

By that I mean you, as a modrator, actually have some control over the submissions of forum members and the content of AW.
When it comes to A-Eon and Hyperion, they are private companies, free to do or post whatever whenever and however they wish.

If you cant cope with that, or don't comprehend the difference between a public forum and a private company then you need some help...

Last edited by ddni on 13-Feb-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
zerohero 
Posted on 13-Feb-2010 23:41:27
#222 ]
Team Member

@ddni

Quote:
It seems to me that you are confusing Hyperion and A-eon with forum members.

Feel free to explain, as I don't understand why?

Quote:
When it comes to A-Eon and Hyperion, they are private companies, free to do or post whatever whenever and however they wish.

Not a problem, unless they say they are going to do something and then don't. I have no problems understanding they're a private company, and this is a public forum. I've been a member since 2004. Also as I posted in this thread, and actually engaged myself in it, the moderator hat is off. Anything else would be against our own "code of honor". So in that regard, I have no control of anything in this thread.

COBRA 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 1:33:33
#223 ]

@zerohero

There has been an announcement of this new hardware (X1000). We know that there are working prototypes and that the OS4 developers are working on porting OS4 over to it. We also know that it is expected to be ready for release this summer. So what is it still that you are missing? I mean, surely it would have been good if they have already put up a shiny new official website and all, but that would not make the product come any sooner, in fact it's probably better if they concentrate all their resources into development work now, rather than marketing, since they don't have a finished product to market yet anyway. You probably want to know how well they're doing and all, but since when do other companies in the computing world have an obligation to send weekly progress reports to their customers? Just give them some space to breateh and let them do the work and deliver the product, for heaven's sake..

Sure, Trevor promised that there will be this and that up and then it still did not happen. Is that good? No. Was it a good idea from him to raise false expectations? No. But he is human, and people do make honest mistakes. He had good intentions, and he has done a lot of good for the Amiga community, so in my opinion he deserves some respect. You've also contributed quite a lot with your excellent work on DirOpus4, and who knows maybe some day your hardware breaks and Trevor could come to your rescue and get you a new board to allow you to continue development, like he has done to so many others. We're all on the same train, so let's stay nice to each other and be a bit more forgiving if some of us ends up with personal life getting in the way of their Amiga activities.

umisef 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 2:26:11
#224 ]

@Geennaam

Quote:
Do you realise that you , as an AW moderator, just disclosed the name behind the nick HyperionMP?

If HyperionMP actually is still Ben Hermans, it might be a good idea to change that user's rank to something other than "Hyperion" --- unless something has changed since November 2007, BH is neither a shareholder of, nor employed by, Hyperion. Thus, *IF* "HyperionMP" is Ben Hermans these days, "HyperionMP" is unlikely to actually speak for Hyperion.

cha05e90 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 9:42:46
#225 ]

@zerohero

Quote:
I was outside today, went for a little walk with the wife. It was a beautiful day, lots of snow, the sun shone and I had coffee and a cookie with it.

Lucky you!

I'm sitting in front of my SAM, just installed the iODBC package, using DOpus 4 (of course, thanks man!), looking out of my window - all snow and sunshine for the first time since weeks - maybe I should fetch my wife and go outside, too.

Trixie 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 10:21:55
#226 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@cha05e90

Gosh, I'm so envious! I've been down with a terrible cold for a week, hardly able to say a word as the cough has robbed me of my voice. I'd LOVE to take a walk outside... or perhaps sit in front of my SAM because I have a decent new OS4 app to finish

AmigaOne X5000/020 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition

vidarh 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 10:37:31
#227 ]
Cult Member

@zerohero

Quote:
Last week it went so far that Mr. Hermans wanted to put me out of my misery (link) which is quite harsh.

Uh... How is it "harsh" to decide that it was worth posting to inform you that the reason Trevor was not answering your questions was that he was away?

Quote:
What's happening with this? A joint statement can't be that difficult, I mean the least common denominator is Ben Hermans, right?

Perhaps they've noticed all the whining and realized the only way of avoiding even louder whining is to wait until they a) has the website up, and b) has something more they can announce.

vidarh 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 10:54:08
#228 ]
Cult Member

@zerohero

Quote:
Then why did he say there should be a joint statement and a new website in a few days? It's not like an expedition to Antarctica is something you just plan overnight. I'm not asking for a complete computer here, not even the specs for it. I'm just asking for what he said would happen.

His posts since his return has indicated that he was not the one that would finalize and publish the website, and that he assumed it was on track when he left. That is not unreasonable.

TrevorDick 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 11:30:06
#229 ]
Elite Member

@vidarh
Quote:
His posts since his return has indicated that he was not the one that would finalize and publish the website, and that he assumed it was on track when he left

Correct, thanks.

Also to avoid repetition

This thread: post 196

TrevorD

Leo 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 12:00:38
#230 ]

Nice to see speculation about something that doesn't exist :)

bitman 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 13:00:34
#231 ]
Cult Member

@Leo

What is it that not exists?

rigo 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 13:11:06
#232 ]
Cult Member

@bitman

At a guess, Leo's optimistic gene :P

Comments made by me on any public fora are not representative of, or on behalf of, any company I may have, or assumed by the reader to have, any association with.

Any comments are a personal opinion, and should be accepted as such.

marko 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 13:18:20
#233 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@umisef

Quote:
If HyperionMP actually is still Ben Hermans, it might be a good idea to change that user's rank to something other than "Hyperion" --- unless something has changed since November 2007, BH is neither a shareholder of, nor employed by, Hyperion. Thus, *IF* "HyperionMP" is Ben Hermans these days, "HyperionMP" is unlikely to actually speak for Hyperion.

So HyperionMP really is just a (Hyperion) troll

Last edited by marko on 14-Feb-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Last edited by marko on 14-Feb-2010 at 01:21 PM.

m4rko.com/AMIGA

Troels 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 14:26:49
#234 ]
Elite Member

@Leo
Sick and tired of your negativity and fud, what are you actually doing here?

Antique 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 14:27:57
#235 ]
Cult Member

@Troels

Add one vote for that.

zerohero 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 15:18:37
#236 ]
Team Member

@COBRA

Quote:
You probably want to know how well they're doing and all, but since when do other companies in the computing world have an obligation to send weekly progress reports to their customers?

Actually no, I don't. If anything I'd like to see a product, but it's too early for that.

Quote:
Sure, Trevor promised that there will be this and that up and then it still did not happen. Is that good? No. Was it a good idea from him to raise false expectations? No. But he is human, and people do make honest mistakes.

As Trevor himself was surprised it wasn't up yet, I doubt it's him that made the mistake. I guess it's easy to blame him since he said it. I myself used the very same technique right here in this thread...

Quote:
You've also contributed quite a lot with your excellent work on DirOpus4, and who knows maybe some day your hardware breaks and Trevor could come to your rescue and get you a new board to allow you to continue development, like he has done to so many others.

I bought an A1, it's broken by design

What I'm saying is that communication has been poor since the beginning, and it's still poor. I could go on and on about how I have been treated, as a paying customer, when I sent mails asking about things. At best I've been ignored, and I really dislike that. Lets just say I got tired and started to make some noise about it instead.

zerohero 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 15:20:05
#237 ]
Team Member

@vidarh

No, I said that much in my post the third week, that I didn't think he was responsible for it. While I was wrong about a few other things though.

zerohero 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 15:27:27
#238 ]
Team Member

@cha05e90

The English expression "to put someone out of their misery" means to kill that person. I think that's quite harsh. Here's a link you might want to read.

The other meaning, "to stop someone worrying, usually by giving them information that they have been waiting for", was of no use, since I got no information I was asking for.

Last edited by zerohero on 14-Feb-2010 at 03:28 PM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 15:50:40
#239 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Sound like your interpreting it in its worst meaning.

Sense you where suffering from lack of information, giving you the information might put you out of your misery maybe.

zerohero 
Posted on 14-Feb-2010 15:53:37
#240 ]
Team Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
Sound like your interpreting it in its worst meaning.

Of course I am.

Quote:
Sense you where suffering from lack of information, giving you the information might put you out of your misery maybe.

Just that I didn't get the information I was asking for.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle