Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 106 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigakit

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  3 mins ago
 pavlor:  33 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 agami:  4 hrs 15 mins ago
 wakido:  6 hrs 23 mins ago
 bhabbott:  6 hrs 26 mins ago
 Karlos:  7 hrs 33 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  8 hrs 2 mins ago
 Matt3k:  9 hrs 51 mins ago
 RobertB:  10 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Ransom Ware
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigD 
Re: Ransom Ware
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 0:09:28
#61 ]
Elite Member

@Paula

Quote:
John doesn't talk about Jesus, he talks about God (the father).

The title the 'Word' is refering to Jesus!

From GotQuestions.org:

Quote:
By starting out his gospel stating, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God,” John is introducing Jesus with a word or a term that both his Jewish and Gentile readers would have been familiar with. The Greek word translated “Word” in this passage is Logos, and it was common in both Greek philosophy and Jewish thought of that day. For example, in the Old Testament the “word” of God is often personified as an instrument for the execution of God’s will (Psalm 33:6; 107:20; 119:89; 147:15-18). So, for his Jewish readers, by introducing Jesus as the “Word,” John is in a sense pointing them back to the Old Testament where the Logos or “Word” of God is associated with the personification of God’s revelation. And in Greek philosophy, the term Logos was used to describe the intermediate agency by which God created material things and communicated with them. In the Greek worldview, the Logos was thought of as a bridge between the transcendent God and the material universe. Therefore, for his Greek readers the use of the term Logos would have likely brought forth the idea of a mediating principle between God and the world.

Profile     Report this post  
lylehaze 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 0:11:10
#62 ]

I am impressed.

Debate Jesus and the church all day long, but no mention of AmigaOS/MorphOS/AROS/Emulation, and no debates about PPC/X86/x64/ARM.

We really ARE evolving as a community!

/me wipes a tear from his eye.

Nothing but love for all of you today, no matter where (or if) you choose to worship.

resle 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 0:34:54
#63 ]
Cult Member

by reading what bigd writes and how he writes it, I would also tend to believe that evolution didn't happen

iggy 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 0:45:40
#64 ]

@lylehaze

Well...MorphOS IS God's chosen Amigoid OS, but many of you have sinned and chosen to disobey (that was a really poor joke, ah well).

Hmm, whatever your choices, when you wake up, give thanks to something..,if only for the fact that you woke to the day.

Or to paraphrase Kurt Vonnegut, dirt gets up, dirt looks around, dirt gives thanks for the opportunity to get up and look around.

Paula 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 9:13:00
#65 ]

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@iggy

The fact God isn't there means no good thing, no pleasure, no rest, only torment. I told you we have no concept of an eternity without God being present because we haven't experienced a second without him in this existance on Earth.

I take it that "we" here refers exclusively to the two of you?
Because I experience every single moment of each passing day w/o the company of invisible/imaginary deities - even so I happen to like a good myth just as much as the next guy around.
But what torments me is the arrogance of people who claim to "know it all", even so their lack of *factual* knowledge is so blantatly obvious as to be disturbing.
Science doesn't know "eternal truths", only explanations of reality that are deemed valid until somebody can prove otherwise (hence the term "scientific theory").
Only religious zealots claim to know eternity, yet they can't even count the seconds of the day accurately.

Paula 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 9:20:18
#66 ]

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
The title the 'Word' is refering to Jesus!

No it does not - why can't Christian fundamentalists at least appreciate their own scripture?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
Quote:
Quote:

The Christian doctrine of the Trinity (Latin: Trinitas, lit. 'triad', from trinus, "threefold")[2] holds that God is three consubstantial persons[3] or hypostases[4]—the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit [...] The three persons are *distinct*, yet are one "substance, essence or nature"

(emphasis mine)

Three *distinct* persons, all of the same divine nature - that is the concept of holy trinity.
Holy BS, please know your bible before you shuff it in other people's faces.

Last edited by Paula on 30-Jun-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Last edited by Paula on 30-Jun-2017 at 09:23 AM.

g01df1sh 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 9:43:45
#67 ]

@Paula

How on earth did ransomware get on to God. Come on guys get back on topic.

Wii with Amiga emulation
Vampire v4 SA

iggy 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 10:28:01
#68 ]

@g01df1sh

Quote:
How on earth did ransomware get on to God?

God only knows.

I guess science can theorize.

Or we can get Paula to bitch about it.

Anyway, I believe the actual start of the thread involved why we should not have bitcoins or other untraceable currency because it helps support ransom ware.

Frankly, this has been much more entertaining.
Between the dogmatic believers like BigD, and the pragmatic non believers like Paula, I'm sitting in the middle with a serious smirk on my face.

Last edited by iggy on 30-Jun-2017 at 10:29 AM.

broadblues 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 11:14:03
#69 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@g01df1sh

Quote:

How on earth did ransomware get on to God. Come on guys get back on topic.

It's very on topic, "believe in my interpretation of this book, or you will burn in hell" is the ultimate in ransomware is it not?

iggy 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 11:18:21
#70 ]

@broadblues

Quote:
"believe in my interpretation of this book, or you will burn in hell" is the ultimate in ransomware is it not?

Very good.
Yes, its and "Stand and Deliver" moment, your money AND your life (and your mind, personality, self control, etc).

Last edited by iggy on 30-Jun-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Paula 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 11:29:00
#71 ]

@broadblues

Quote:

broadblues wrote:
@g01df1sh

It's very on topic, "believe in my interpretation of this book, or you will burn in hell" is the ultimate in ransomware is it not?

I just wish the "holier than thou" crowd could at least *read* the darn thing, before making outrageous demands based on it.
I find it next to impossible to argue with religious zealots, not because they don't mind the laws of physics, but because they just make up stuff about their own religion as they go along.
I once had a fundamentalist girl friend (when I still believed it "let common sense prevail") and she just declared every bible passage she didn't like as "fake".
Another relation of mine claims she has a "direct connection with Jesus" (like in: the two talk with each other during the night - scary).
Yet she can't even quote basic parts of scripture correctly ...

The same with those ISIS fruitcakes: Most of their foot soldiers can't read a word of Arabic (or any other language for that matter), but they all claim to be *the* experts in the holy Qu'ran. Just nuts!

Last edited by Paula on 30-Jun-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Last edited by Paula on 30-Jun-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Mr_Capehill 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 12:25:53
#72 ]

@lylehaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyx2oOw397M is this alright? (warning: potentially offending or hilarious, who knows)

iggy 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 13:48:54
#73 ]

@Paula

The people that really scare me are those who believe God will change things to their benefit if they just pray enough.
It reduces everything to a kind of Satanic ritual where is you just chant long and hard enough, poof magic will occur.

Or those that want, need, something better, so they live their whole lives wrapped up in the idea of an eternal reward for their delusions, missing the fact that life itself is wondrous.

But you have made a very apt comment that both Christian and Muslim fanatics share one common thread, they don't study or analysis their own beliefs to any great extent. Most are selective, picking up a few things, learning some from others, insisting on their preferred interpretations and dismissing any incongruities.

number6 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 15:02:31
#74 ]
Elite Member

@thread

I SO stand by my former post here

btw-2 threads created by AW for the purpose of guiding users to locations where discussions are better suited:

Forcing Your Religion Down the Throats of Others [ moderation free zone ]

and

(Moderation Lite Thread )to atheist about os4emu, trolls, and things that go bump in the night.

iggy 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 18:04:09
#75 ]

@number6

But that first one would discourage people from visiting, and BigD would have no one to lecture.

And the second one, well I've got no interest in talking to or about atheists, agnostics I can understand, but atheism is irrational. You can't prove a negative.

I would like to discuss this idiotic idea that all currency transactions need to be traceable some more though.

Paula 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 21:02:17
#76 ]

@iggy

Quote:

iggy wrote:
@Paula

But you have made a very apt comment that both Christian and Muslim fanatics share one common thread, they don't study or analysis their own beliefs to any great extent. Most are selective, picking up a few things, learning some from others, insisting on their preferred interpretations and dismissing any incongruities.

I guaren-damn-te you that if Muhamed would visit the middle east today, he wouldn't last 48 hours, before getting his head chopped of for blasphemy.
Pretty much the same be happening to Jesus of Nazareth, if he'd found out what they made of his teachings and would try to set his followers straight about it.
I find it useless to "reason" about religion, because there is no reason behind it what-so-ever.
Have three fundamentalists look at the same page of scripture, and they'll come up with five different reasons why they should go to war about it.

Case in point - it took almost a hundred years of infighting and the intervention of a muslim dominated government authority, for Christians to agree to stop the church of the nativity from falling to pieces:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/12/25/nativity-church-repairs/4181643/

Accuse me of bitching if you want, but nobody be able to convince me that Jesus would have called that drama "a job well done", if asked about it. So I for one would appreciate a lot less zeal when it comes to the issue of: what would Jesus do/think/say/have for lunch today?
But I could just as well hope for the revival of the Amiga brand or at least a workable Java stack for the platform.

Last edited by Paula on 30-Jun-2017 at 09:04 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 21:27:40
#77 ]
Elite Member

@Paula

Quote:
So I for one would appreciate a lot less zeal when it comes to the issue of: what would Jesus do/think/say/have for lunch today?

It's a good thing Jesus made sure that his teachings were to be written down for us to KNOW DEFINITIVELY WHAT THEY WERE? In conjunction with the other 62 books of the Bible the four gospels cataloguing the life of Jesus Christ provide the complete revelation of God's word to help to know his character, our fallen state, his expectations of us, his promises to redeem us despite our fallen state, his righteous judgement that is inescapable and his enacted rescue plan for those that personally trust in him.

I think God's been quite generous in the way he's revealed himself to us. Compare the way we have been approached by God with fictitious universes such as presented in the TV Sci-Fi 'LEXX' or Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k; both nihilistic universes with impersonal gods and higher lifeforms basically preying on humanity. At least he have a loving God who is prepared to help us in the spiritual battle that is waged all around us. The outpouring of this unseen spiritual battle is all the more visable in the UK with tarot card readings and seances audibly discussed on buses with no shame and homosexuals indulging in inappropriate behaviour on the same bus trip I experienced recently! God has every right to withhold Biblical truths from us and to turn his back on increasingly selfish, sinful, murderous (200,000 babies and counting every year in the UK) and pagan nations like the UK but instead he hasn't given up on us yet.

Drift through life in a post-modernistic haze if you want but it seems a bit of a waste when humanity has been gifted the Bible to read and pray through with the help of the Holy Spirit!

pavlor 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 22:01:04
#78 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
It's a good thing Jesus made sure that his teachings were to be written down for us

Any evidence for scripture writting from the Jesus time? As far as we know, oldest New Testament parts were completed decades after his death.

g01df1sh 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 22:37:24
#79 ]

@pavlor

Ok if there is a god answer this why does he not wipe out all the crap in the world. Like Isis rapists pedos murders . More chance of Amiga os4.2 coming out this year than the so called god saving the world.

Wii with Amiga emulation
Vampire v4 SA

QuikSanz 
Posted on 30-Jun-2017 22:46:49
#80 ]

OK guys, time to find agreement here.

First, the old testament is in-arguably an ancient history book, the first of it's kind.

Second, the new testament is loosely history mixed with philosophy and the philosophy is very sound if you replace prayer with meditation.

No knee jerk reaction here, just thinking clearly.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle