Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
30 crawler(s) on-line.
 61 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Marcian:  20 mins ago
 Karlos:  30 mins ago
 OlafS25:  47 mins ago
 Cammy:  58 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  2 hrs 2 mins ago
 SOFISTISOFTWARE:  2 hrs 5 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 37 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Don't "rainbow-wash" me bro!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
PosterThread
MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Re: Don't "rainbow-wash" me bro!
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 14:22:28
#21 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

ZORRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile     Report this post  
Amiga4000 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 14:29:28
#22 ]

@agami

Unlike you, I'm not generalizing. I’m referring to the article where militant, political, radical gays hold their companies hostage using the media and cancel culture to advance their agenda.

Karlos 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 14:47:13
#23 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@Amiga4000

If the headline accompanying that image is true, there's no hope for us as a species.

Amiga4000 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 15:03:20
#24 ]

@Karlos
Your are correct Sir!

See for yourself - Click for Google search

Last edited by Amiga4000 on 08-Jun-2022 at 03:03 PM.

Karlos 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 15:08:53
#25 ]
Elite Member

@Amiga4000

Madness. I wonder if they've dropped any references to men from their page on testicular cancer.

bison 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 15:14:31
#26 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Economic forces will push some of this back. Netflix is a recent example. They spent a lot of money on "woke" shows that not many people wanted to watch. Subscriptions fell, and show cancellations and employee layoffs followed.

Amiga4000 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 16:09:13
#27 ]

@Karlos

fixed it for ya "women with testicular cancer"?

Karlos 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 16:59:32
#28 ]
Elite Member

@bison

I don't think so. We live in an age where almost everyone under the age of 30 had been meticulously conditioned into thinking objective reality is nonsense and that the way to deal with differences of opinion is to attack and shut down those that have them. That it's misappropriation for a person of one ethnicity to express the culture of another, yet it's fine reduce gender, especially womanhood, to be a mantle you can just wear and demand recognition as a woman. While at the same time, having no way to define what a woman even is. To erase womanhood from anything that may XX specific: Chestfeeder, birthing person. To disrupt women's sports and deny that biology has any role to play whatsoever in performance despite the fact that's why biological men and women have their own circles of competition in the first place. To hound lesbians who are sexually attracted to other biological women for having that preference and not being attracted to biological men identifying as women.

You want to define misogyny in the 21st century? See above.

Last edited by Karlos on 08-Jun-2022 at 07:35 PM.

bison 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 19:33:48
#29 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Quote:
We live in an age where almost everyone under the age of 30 had been meticulously conditioned into thinking objective reality is nonsense and that the way to deal with differences of opinion is to attack and shut down those that have them.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I still have some hope that things will return a little closer to "normal" in the future. But the long-term trend is probably not good.

One of the things about getting older is that one tends to notice that the world going to hell. It was doing the same when we were younger, but we didn't notice it as much.

Nimrod 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 19:55:49
#30 ]

@BigD
While I wholeheartedly agree with you on people's bedroom activities being kept out of non-bedroom matters, I would also prefer it if you kept your fantasies about invisible magic skydaddies to yourself.
The "seven" colours of the rainbow are actually only six distinct colours, the seventh, "Indigo" was slotted between blue and violet,partly to make up the magic "seven" that biblically signifies perfection, but also to make the mnemonic "Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain" fit.

Karlos 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 20:32:34
#31 ]
Elite Member

@bison

Quote:

bison wrote:
@Karlos

Quote:
We live in an age where almost everyone under the age of 30 had been meticulously conditioned into thinking objective reality is nonsense and that the way to deal with differences of opinion is to attack and shut down those that have them.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I still have some hope that things will return a little closer to "normal" in the future. But the long-term trend is probably not good.

I hope so too but the way things re headed I just shake my head in disbelief. When Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, who as far as I can tell with my limited oppressive patriarchal comprehension seems to be a woman, was unable to define one because she's not a biologist, I was dumfounded. On the one hand, she was trying to appease the "gender is a social construct / biology is irrelevant" mindset while also directly implying that it is a biological matter because to define one she'd need to be a biologist. Despite the fact the question was obviously a trap it's a trap of her own making.

kolla 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 20:48:23
#32 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Quote:

Karlos wrote:
@Amiga4000

Madness. I wonder if they've dropped any references to men from their page on testicular cancer.

No need, is my guess, it probably wasn’t there in the first place, as “man” tend to be default.

I find this just plain dumb - to have ovarian cancer one must have ovaries, regardless of what gender one identifies as - for so called “conservatives” this should be a non-issue, as the word “woman” would be redundant. So much hyperbole over a non-issue.

Last edited by kolla on 08-Jun-2022 at 08:49 PM.

Karlos 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 21:19:04
#33 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

You're missing a key point: making the word "woman" redundant in matters pertaining to biological females is the issue. Women are real, they exist and their existence, lived experience and all that is uniquely feminine deserves to be acknowledged. They are our mothers, sisters and daughters. They deserve better than to be gaslit by a militant minority and wordsmithed out of existence in the name of "inclusivity".

Do you think a trangender man (biological female identifying as a man) is going to worry more about the inclusivity of the wording or the fact they have a particularly aggressive form of cancer that has some of the poorest survival rates or all cancers?

Do you think a transgender woman (biological male identifying as a female) is going to worry about being left out in the wording of the description of a cancer they cannot contract? How about the wording around testicular cancer, something they can?

Anyone who worries more about the inclusivity of these terms than the objective reality of a life limiting illness that affects their particular biology needs to check their bloody priorities.

BigD 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 22:52:25
#34 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

There is farQuote:

Nimrod wrote:
@BigD
While I wholeheartedly agree with you on people's bedroom activities being kept out of non-bedroom matters, I would also prefer it if you kept your fantasies about invisible magic skydaddies to yourself.

There is far more evidence for the existence of God than there is for you being a fully fleshed out 3 dimensional character! I will not be keeping quiet about my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ especially in a thread where we are discussing the idolatry of thinking you can be completely defined by your sexual antics!!!

kolla 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 23:02:14
#35 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

That’s the thing - noone should need to care, this is nothing to care much about. Who are the “militants” here? I just keep seeing the same stereotype over again and again, as manifested right here. It’s not our sisters, mothers, wives and daughters that are loudly complaining, is it?

kolla 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 23:03:41
#36 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

True gods don’t need feeble humans to fight their cause, so why bother.

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 23:14:56
#37 ]

Quote:

Karlos wrote:

I don't think so. We live in an age where almost everyone under the age of 30 had been meticulously conditioned into thinking objective reality is nonsense and that the way to deal with differences of opinion is to attack and shut down those that have them. That it's misappropriation for a person of one ethnicity to express the culture of another, yet it's fine reduce gender, especially womanhood, to be a mantle you can just wear and demand recognition as a woman. While at the same time, having no way to define what a woman even is.

What this frail husk of a human wonders,
is why.

I truly, honestly can't figure out why this happened, and most importantly who profits from it.

Generic leftism, rightism, I get it. The chain of profiting is most obvious.
Imaginary wizards of oz like BigD's favorite rainbowmaker, I also get it.
But this?

Who are the puppeteers behind these oxen feces and how does money and/or power hence money flow in their pockets thanks to it?

/mega

Karlos 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 23:15:23
#38 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

Maybe yours don't. Do you therefore assume the same is true for everyone? Do they have to loudly complain to be heard? Why should that be? Maybe you should ask some biological women what they think about the idea that biological men get to define what a woman is, or is not, so that they can identify as one. Not commit to the physical reality of being a woman (or as close as they can get) by undergoing actual gender reassignment. I have asked and many aren't as sanguine as you seem to think.

Let's be honest, you aren't going to get much of a female perspective on a forum frequented almost exclusively by males. I can only relay what I've been told. Take it or leave it.

Nonefornow 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 23:17:59
#39 ]

@

I wonder what would happen if - next time that I am going to the DMV to take my driver's license picture - I claim that I identify myself as a 6'4'' tall Scandinavian with blond hair and blue eyes?

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 8-Jun-2022 23:22:35
#40 ]

WOKE PADDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle